colour coded roll hoops

BoxsterLL11

Following on from my recents posts about my roof operation problems, I watched another youtube video yesterday on how to remove the side panels to get to the drain tube "valves" that cause the water ingress into the cabin.  Whilst the PO had the car, the OPC apparently took the side panels off to clear the cr*p out of the drain tubes and remove the valves altogether.  Again, due to the great design, this is a very simple job to remove these side panels and check the tubes and "valves" for debris.

Anyway, I digress.  The Boxster in the video I noticed had colour coded roll hopes and side flaps.

Mine are the agate grey in line with the rest of the trim.

I just thought that maybe mine would look better painted the same colour as the body.

And just wondered whether anyone else has done this job themselves.

Mine in lime gold and can get colour & clear aerosols from paints4u

There is an awesome guide here if you fancy doing it yourself from @T24RES

Photobucket badness on the images has happened, but you get the idea

When I had my 981S in Agate grey I was going to do this, but rather than matching the colour, I wanted to go for the aluminium look.  A few cars have this and it looks great

I think @Toeside 's Black 981 has silver rollover hoops from memory (and a red roof, so it's proper cool!)

• Like 1

That video from MR Sportcars is brilliant - he's got loads of great videos tbh)  There are so many guides on here to help without panels being taken off ( @daz05 and @Scubaregs to name a couple) - this just goes that bit further and shows how sh1t this design is!  I now (almost) understand why I got a large bill from my indy when my 981S suffered drain hole issues - it's a lot of effort, including the drying time.

On 4/6/2023 at 1:42 PM, Menoporsche said:

@Guvs was it you? If you can tear yourself away from the football… ;) 

Hi Meno, yes was me "drain hole/side panel removal" and “colour coordinated roll hoops” details are all in here for the hoops, 

and here for the side panels, 

hope the links work.

Guvs.

• Thanks 1