I’m back - sort of - Macan GTS

tcornet

Having sold the 981 GTS Boxster last year, I’ve now bought a new daily. 2023 Macan GTS which should be built in June for collection July. I’m really excited to have speced it and be lucky enough to get one of the last ones before they stop production of the GTS. 

• Like 3

Just now, tcornet said:

Having sold the 981 GTS Boxster last year, I’ve now bought a new daily. 2023 Macan GTS which should be built in June for collection July. I’m really excited to have speced it and be lucky enough to get one of the last ones before they stop production of the GTS. 

Pointless post without spec details thank you….

did PEC a week or so ago the launch control is impressive 😁

You need to add the carbon PDK lever otherwise you’ll be gutted you didn’t having added the carbon interior package 😁

11 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

You need to add the carbon PDK lever otherwise you’ll be gutted you didn’t having added the carbon interior package 😁

Thanks I will consider it- but at £450 seems a little steep and I don’t spend much time looking at the lever.

How do you find the car overall?

Edited by tcornet

Nice spec but can I ask what makes you want the air suspension? 

Being a GTS I would have thought the air suspension was sort of defeating the object.

Id also go 20" wheels but that's down to personal opinion I guess. 

20 minutes ago, tcornet said:

Thanks I will consider it- but at £450 seems a little steep and I don’t spend much time looking at the lever.

How do you find the car overall?

Fantastic to be honest. I added the tow bar as I use it to trailer my track bike around 🤣

I specced’ mine to near identical to my previous Macan but with all the additional options I know I wanted, heated steering wheel is a must 👍🏻 but I have the leather steering wheel/interior I didn’t opt for any alcantara.

The drive is sublime and try my best not to read to much of the ‘Macan forum’ issues as that’s when you start to ‘listen’ out for issues! Biggest complaint was panel gaps when the engine warms up but it’s not really an issue unless your panel gap OCD plays up.
The PCM display is nice but I’d like to be able to change for more usable widgets as the options are limited. I preferred my previous Macans display wigets. (First world problems!!) 

I’ll be honest and say I haven’t touched the sports+ or sports exhaust buttons!! Yes I know 🙄 but I’m running it in gently and have had no need to use them yet.

your more than welcome to meet up next week if you want to go over mine with a fine tooth comb and go for a drive 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, hopz121 said:

Being a GTS I would have thought the air suspension was sort of defeating the object.

The air suspension works just as well if not better and you have the option of the GTS air suspension which drops the ride height anyway. I’ll double check as may have misread it but I chose it as previous Macan had air and it was nice.

Edited by r1flyguy

15 minutes ago, hopz121 said:

I may be wrong so please correct me but having this as standard 

Sport air suspension with ride-height adjustment including lowering of 10mm

GTS Specific Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) with reduced ride height - Electronically controlled active damping system with three manually selectable modes ("Comfort", "SPORT" and "SPORT PLUS")”

Like I say, I may misunderstand what your thinking but I assumed it offered the same sporty ride but also comfort when you didn’t need it 

16 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

Fantastic to be honest. I added the tow bar as I use it to trailer my track bike around 🤣

I specced’ mine to near identical to my previous Macan but with all the additional options I know I wanted, heated steering wheel is a must 👍🏻 but I have the leather steering wheel/interior I didn’t opt for any alcantara.

The drive is sublime and try my best not to read to much of the ‘Macan forum’ issues as that’s when you start to ‘listen’ out for issues! Biggest complaint was panel gaps when the engine warms up but it’s not really an issue unless your panel gap OCD plays up.
The PCM display is nice but I’d like to be able to change for more usable widgets as the options are limited. I preferred my previous Macans display wigets. (First world problems!!) 

I’ll be honest and say I haven’t touched the sports+ or sports exhaust buttons!! Yes I know 🙄 but I’m running it in gently and have had no need to use them yet.

your more than welcome to meet up next week if you want to go over mine with a fine tooth comb and go for a drive 

Sounds great, I must admit I’m not convinced on the new interior but I went new as second hand prices are so strong/close to list and are 60 bhp lower in power. 

I hadn’t heard of any issues, I will try to avoid reading about them as I’m hoping for a solid car. 

appreciate the offer, I’m in Dubai next week working - but would really be interesting in any more views you have, did you got for the torque vectoring?

23 minutes ago, hopz121 said:

Think I now understand having compared our spec lists 🤣

you have the option to choose air suspension ‘standard’ over the GTS air suspension (with the 10mm drop) that’s what confused me hence why it’s not on my spec list as I took the GTS air suspension.

Edited by r1flyguy

4 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

GTS Specific Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) with reduced ride height - Electronically controlled active damping system with three manually selectable modes ("Comfort", "SPORT" and "SPORT PLUS")”

Like I say, I may misunderstand what your thinking but I assumed it offered the same sporty ride but also comfort when you didn’t need it 

Yeah you are right it’s tuned for GTS and is as good if not better. It’s also standard and no cost. 21 inch wheels are standard too. Not sure you can get 20s on the GTS

2 minutes ago, tcornet said:

Sounds great, I must admit I’m not convinced on the new interior but I went new as second hand prices are so strong/close to list and are 60 bhp lower in power. 

I hadn’t heard of any issues, I will try to avoid reading about them as I’m hoping for a solid car. 

appreciate the offer, I’m in Dubai next week working - but would really be interesting in any more views you have, did you got for the torque vectoring?

Here’s my Spec

Crayon
Black/Crayon GTS extended leather interor
Adaptive Sports Seats Plus (18-Way, electric) with memory package
Panoramic roof system
Roof rails in aluminium, painted in black (high-gloss) ‘PORSCHE’ logo LED door courtesy lights

'PORSCHE' logo painted in Black (matt) and model designation painted in Black (high gloss)
Exclusive Design fuel filler cap
Electrically extending towbar system
Exterior package in exterior colour and in Black (high- gloss)

7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
Power Steering Plus
Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB) with brake calipers painted in Black (high-gloss)

21-inch RS Spyder Design wheels in satin Black Tinted LED main headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass Heated windscreen
Reversing camera and Surround View

Speed limit indicator
Lane Change Assist (blind spot monitoring) Ioniser
Seat Heating (front and rear)
Heated multifunction GT sports steering wheel

Mechanical roll-up sunblind for rear side windows 

Compass instrument dial/Sport Chrono stopwatch

instrument dial crayon

4X4 Side airbags in the rear
Interior LeatherDashboard trim package leather Black

Porsche Crest on centre console armrest

8C0 PDK gear selector carbon with gear selector knob leather

Interior Carbon 5MH Carbon interior package
Interior Aluminium VT9 Door Sill Guards brushed aluminium in Black, illuminated

Audio and communication 

Smartphone compartment with wireless charging 

BOSE® Surround Sound System

2 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

Think I now understand having compared our spec lists 🤣

you have the option to choose air suspension ‘standard’ over the GTS air suspension (with the 10mm drop) that’s what confused me hence why it’s not on my spec list as I took the GTS air suspension.

So it’s still air without 10mm drop? Is that right? If so then I need to change my order 

1 minute ago, r1flyguy said:

Here’s my Spec

Crayon
Black/Crayon GTS extended leather interor
Adaptive Sports Seats Plus (18-Way, electric) with memory package
Panoramic roof system
Roof rails in aluminium, painted in black (high-gloss) ‘PORSCHE’ logo LED door courtesy lights

'PORSCHE' logo painted in Black (matt) and model designation painted in Black (high gloss)
Exclusive Design fuel filler cap
Electrically extending towbar system
Exterior package in exterior colour and in Black (high- gloss)

7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
Power Steering Plus
Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB) with brake calipers painted in Black (high-gloss)

21-inch RS Spyder Design wheels in satin Black Tinted LED main headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass Heated windscreen
Reversing camera and Surround View

Speed limit indicator
Lane Change Assist (blind spot monitoring) Ioniser
Seat Heating (front and rear)
Heated multifunction GT sports steering wheel

Mechanical roll-up sunblind for rear side windows 

Compass instrument dial/Sport Chrono stopwatch

instrument dial crayon

4X4 Side airbags in the rear
Interior LeatherDashboard trim package leather Black

Porsche Crest on centre console armrest

8C0 PDK gear selector carbon with gear selector knob leather

Interior Carbon 5MH Carbon interior package
Interior Aluminium VT9 Door Sill Guards brushed aluminium in Black, illuminated

Audio and communication 

Smartphone compartment with wireless charging 

BOSE® Surround Sound System

Very nice - I wasn’t brave enough to go crayon but was very tempted 

9 minutes ago, tcornet said:

One issue worth considering tbh is some owners have had PPF applied to the interior gear surround to prevent marks and fingerprints. I haven’t had it done as just keep a microfibre cloth in the Center console.

I have PTV+, not used the car in anger yet so can’t really comment. The 

Edited by r1flyguy
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tcornet said:

So it’s still air without 10mm drop? Is that right? If so then I need to change my order 

Yes, there is a difference, it’s a ‘no cost’ option to select the GTS air suspension

It’s standard so just remove your option from your configurator. BUT please confirm this with your SE, I’d hate to give you wrong info based on my misunderstanding.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tcornet said:

Very nice - I wasn’t brave enough to go crayon but was very tempted 

I think both your option and crayon still look relatively clean when dirty :)

7 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

Yes, there is a difference, it’s a ‘no cost’ option to select the GTS air suspension

It’s standard so just remove your option from your configurator. BUT please confirm this with your SE, I’d hate to give you wrong info based on my misunderstanding.

Thanks I will check 

43 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

Looks like you are right - I’ve made the adjustment - it’s so complicated but it comes as standard with air suspension 10mm lower, I’m sure there’s an easier way to explain this on the configurator 

Edited by tcornet
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, r1flyguy said:

Maybe they have dropped the standard PASM steel suspension then in favour of only air suspension then by the looks of it.

I am not fully up to spec with he latest generation macans but the steel suspension on the MK1 and facelift was brilliant IMO, the air was a bit soft for sprinted driving, i tried a few at PEC and found the steel PASM to be the pick of the bunch on 20" wheels 

Not experienced the latest generation though

Edited by hopz121

13 minutes ago, hopz121 said:

Maybe they have dropped the standard PASM steel suspension then in favour of only air suspension then by the looks of it.

I am not fully up to spec with he latest generation macans but the steel suspension on the MK1 and facelift was brilliant IMO, the air was a bit soft for sprinted driving, i tried a few at PEC and found the steel PASM to be the pick of the bunch on 20" wheels 

It would be a step backwards if they didn’t tune the air suspension in GTS spec with the 10mm drop to ‘not’ handle! But then again I’m not a racing driver so it’s not lost on me in normal or spirited road driving, it is an MPV after all!

1 hour ago, hopz121 said:

I think with the GTS now covering the sales for the Turbo too, they specs changed to allow it to bridge both types of buyer 

12 minutes ago, tcornet said:

I think with the GTS now covering the sales for the Turbo too, they specs changed to allow it to bridge both types of buyer 

That's makes sense then, that's likely why they have dropped it then :)