They are condensers no more. RIP.

Norwegian Blue condensers. 🤔

Edited by ½cwt

38 minutes ago, The Caped Crusader said:

I wonder if they're the original. 

Likely original. OE, dated 2002.

20230723_103811

Edited by K.I.T.T.

It’s common .I did mine + the two pipes under the drivers cil .Got the condensers off e bay iirc £50 each .Used the OPC for the seals + pipes iirc £250 ish .Fit a new dryer another £25 while you are in there .

Buy a Jack pad .The cil pipes are far too close to the Jack point front drivers and typically your none Porsche garages will inadvertently apply pressure .They are plastic coated aluminium pipes .If the dryer has never been changed ( see official service schedule) then water eventually finds the lowest point which adjacent to that Jack pad .Starts to rot out at the bend .All you need is a oik with a std 150 mm lift pad to strain a already weakened bend and hey presto a hole .

If it’s gone after removing the under tray to access you will see an oil patch like on your condensers .

As far as mesh screens I just adapted a copper pipe 15 mm with a bend in it bent on a hover attachment, to sweep out .

Newer modals have huge gaping holes you can get your hand in .

My view is a regular sweep out is better than potentially blocking airflow and assuming cr*p will never accumulate.Leaving them as OEM means you can shine a torch in too right down in the corners .

Quick fit did the re gas £55 as others have said the machine, uses a inert gas to flush out everything then  tests for leaks by making it hold a vacuum for 15 mins .Once it’s passed that test refills to manufactures spec gas + oil .

Ice cold ever since .

Right update on the air con saga, put 2 new condensers on it today and a drier, took it to the garage to have it regassed didn't hold a vacuum, started at 0.98 bar after the 15 mins it was at 0.94 so I said fill it. As soon as it started filling the pipe on the sill started hissing, so guys does anyone know what the pipe part number or what it's called so I can order one. Its the outside one. And hopefully after this I will have some ac

There are two pipes, the larger return line is 996 573 091 01 (needs 2 o-rings 999 707 534 41) and the smaller pressure line is 996 573 092 01 (needs 2 o-rings 999 707 434 41). 

Edited by ½cwt

• 2 weeks later...

Right guys hope one of you can help me, trying to take the old pipe out to replace and I've got it free but the top part in the wheel well where it goes over the petrol fill pipe I can't get it over, does anyone know a way to get it out please thanks