Noobie random question number one

mk1collector

Hello all, I joined a while back as I was thinking of getting a 986 but life ended up getting in the way and the idea went on the back burner for a while. Fast forward to last week and I picked up a project car for a very reasonable price (a 2004 2.7 in arctic silver…… mostly) because the previous owner had given up and passed it on to a garage to sell. The down side is that I’ve basically bought a large jigsaw puzzle without the missing parts, which leads me to to my first (probably obvious) question. For some reason it came without any cats so was very very loud! I’ve replaced the missing items but there weren’t any o2 sensors fitted either. I’ve read about sensors before and after the cat but wondered if these are different parts (ie two different part numbers) or all the same? Basically I want to buy cheap ish parts to get everything running so I can find what else needs fixing then I can start going through everything thoroughly.

sorry for the essay and thanks for any help 👍🏻

cheers

ray

It looks like they started spending a good bit of money on it as it’s had brake lines, drop links, decent coilovers, coil packs etc etc. there’s a big pile of parts receipts and the chap who delivered it for me said the last owner had spent in the thousands going through the engine, but he obviously ran out of enthusiasm or money and got rid of it as it stood.

1 hour ago, mk1collector said:

I’ve just realised I should have put this in the technical section so I’ve re started it over there, sorry guys!

I'll leave it all for now.  Next time you manage to put a thread in the wrong place, just send me a message of where you want it and I'll move it. :)

Some people think it's all I'm here for. ;)

3 minutes ago, Araf said:

I'll leave it all for now.  Next time you manage to put a thread in the wrong place, just send me a message of where you want it and I'll move it. :)

well its certainly not for the eye candy....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Araf said:

🤔  No................, I've got nothing.

• Haha 2