Rattle where hood meet a pilar

swang

Hey guys, I gave the boxster a thorough clean last weekend, now on the driver side where the hood meets the A pilar rattles, it’s like there’s a gap in between. I checked the rubber and they look fine to me. Could this be the hood cable needs adjusting? Or just me removing the mud and grease that was there previously:)

I think I know what you are talking about, I happened to fix this yesterday.  There is a brass coloured bolt and washer that are screwed into the side trim carpet under the seatbelt.  That is meant to slot into another bit of trim and then you tighten up the nut.  Really hard to explain and it's too dark for photos, can take some tomorrow.

Found this pic online
s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Daboy3000

39 minutes ago, Daboy3000 said:

I think I know what you are talking about, I happened to fix this yesterday.  There is a brass coloured bolt and washer that are screwed into the side trim carpet under the seatbelt.  That is meant to slot into another bit of trim and then you tighten up the nut.  Really hard to explain and it's too dark for photos, can take some tomorrow.

Found this pic online
s-l1600.jpg

That's the B pillar end of things.

Hate to say but you'd be surprised where suspension rattles sound like they are coming from....

Thanks guys, I gave it another look today, I found the same noise when unleash the hood lock inside. I’m pretty sure it’s just where the latch hooks to the top of windscreen on the driver side. I took a couple of photos but to be honest there’s not much to see, because the passenger side looks identical and doesn’t rattle. I checked all the screws are pretty tight too.
https://imgur.com/gallery/ggEYDw6

then I tried to tape a bit of kitchen tissue around the hook and it made the rattle disappear(apologies for the shoddy work:))

https://imgur.com/gallery/nsWBInM

I think the root cause might actually be what Daboy3000 said, I recognise that picture, and I noice when the hood retrieves that piece rattles for 2 seconds during the action, on the driver side only. Almost like it needs some lubricants. I wonder if that caused the hood to not seal perfectly, me washing is just a coincidence.

15 hours ago, swang said:

Fix one image link

xmXFoJy.jpeg

Have it in mind that you can purchase the plastic tips that your kitchen roll is impersonating from a Porsche Centre - buy direct for something like this.

Edited by map
tipo

17 minutes ago, map said:

Have it in mind that you can purchase the plastic tips that your kitchen roll is impersonating from a Porsche Centre - buy direct for something like this.

Suggest the OP checks with an OPC parts dept.

I'm not sure the plastic tips are available separately from the part shown in the photo , which is apparently known as a "centring journal".

• 1 month later...