What do you pay for insurance it’s due for renewal?

Pordave

I insured last week, renewal of £320 up from £240 full NCB and I'm 45. Limited 5k per year mileage. 

Money supermarket got me down to £196 but I have a total excess of £300.

I was happy with that to be honest. 

strangely £200 cheaper to go through compare site, rather than direct.

Admiral site quoted same policy and details, yet wanted just over £200 more.

For the first time ever I've ordered through compare.

Im 45 with full NCB and at the time had a SP30 when last year in Feb i paid £345 for a BD postcode which is unheard of via comparison site and underwritten by Churchill. 

To put that into context, our 2011 Civic 1.8L family car cost £590 to insure under the same postcode and my old E60 530D cost £850. 

This year ive moved and got a LS postcode and paid a whopping £255 via a comparison site again but this time underwritten by Geoffrey. Did my due diligence on them before proceeding, there was a cheaper underwriter but they didn't have much in the way of trust pilot reviews so stayed clear. 

On 3/11/2024 at 3:54 PM, brillomaster said:

Yeah a quick comparison suggests I can insure my 987S for £280, not the £540 the renewal suggests. Which is pretty decent if you ask me!

woohoo for being old enough for aviva insurance! boxster insured, with protected NCB for just £225. pretty sure thats the cheapest i've ever paid to insure a car.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I got the next year's insurance sorted for £219. I could have gotten it for £169, but I had to call them and speak with them and listen to the inevitable sales pitch etc etc. Not interested. Frankly, I took the one for £219 because it was just online and done. Now the lot that charged £219 are trying to call me all the time. Not interested in their upselling techniques so I just ignore the calls.

If anyone from any of the insurance companies are reading this, take the hint: if I don't answer the third or fourth call then it means I am not interested in paying more for the stuff that you are trying to sell me. If I had wanted roadside assistance or whatever then I would have taken it. The fact that I didn't means that I am happy with my current roadside assistance (Green Flag) and don't need anything else. If I want anything else, I'll call you.

Fully comp policy 3000 mile policy with £100 excess 2004 3.2 S garaged overnight low mileage (agreed valuation) was £227.

I’ve no points and I left my full NCB on one of the other cars although there was an option to tell them how much I’d accrued on that other car which I did  I stuck on maximum breakdown and recovery cover for another 60ish as I’m doing the 500 this summer. 

Via Carole Nash. 

22 minutes ago, RedBarediver said:

Well, I got the next year's insurance sorted for £219. I could have gotten it for £169, but I had to call them and speak with them and listen to the inevitable sales pitch etc etc. Not interested. Frankly, I took the one for £219 because it was just online and done. Now the lot that charged £219 are trying to call me all the time. Not interested in their upselling techniques so I just ignore the calls.

If anyone from any of the insurance companies are reading this, take the hint: if I don't answer the third or fourth call then it means I am not interested in paying more for the stuff that you are trying to sell me. If I had wanted roadside assistance or whatever then I would have taken it. The fact that I didn't means that I am happy with my current roadside assistance (Green Flag) and don't need anything else. If I want anything else, I'll call you.

It’s easier just to take the call and tell them it’s Rasputin and they’ve got the wrong number. They never really have an answer to that.

• Haha 1

2009 987.2 S 

last year with LV =£393

renewal quote £434 (why?????)

confused.com and same details with courtesy car and windscreen cover = £316 with Admiral

bye bye LV