Ever wondered what extras your car came with?

Gramps

For one's general interest I signed up to "My Porsche" in the hope I might be able to expedite the supply of my replacement High Pressure Fuel Pump (been waiting 3mths now 🙄😡), or at least get some more info on a possible delivery date, but no such luck. But on the plus side once you've registered you get all the bumph on your car at the time of sale, including any extras. So if you're in any doubt or ever wondered give it a go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gramps said:

For one's general interest I signed up to "My Porsche" in the hope I might be able to expedite the supply of my replacement High Pressure Fuel Pump (been waiting 3mths now 🙄😡), or at least get some more info on a possible delivery date, but no such luck. But on the plus side once you've registered you get all the bumph on your car at the time of sale, including any extras. So if you're in any doubt or ever wondered give it a go.

Have you signed up for Classic Register as well ? - Tonbridge give 15% discount on parts sales ......  quite a saving on a HFP when it does eventually turn up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Paul P said:

Have you signed up for Classic Register as well ? - Tonbridge give 15% discount on parts sales ......  quite a saving on a HFP when it does eventually turn up.

Hi Paul, no not yet. Seen some debate over whether the gen2's were acceptable, but also that parts discount was only when fitted by Porsche?

4 hours ago, Gramps said:

Hi Paul, no not yet. Seen some debate over whether the gen2's were acceptable, but also that parts discount was only when fitted by Porsche?

They are covered and mine is registered, some initial confusion over "classic means you can get the updated PCCM+ unit" vs "9x7 are now eligible for classic register"

I recently bought some wiper blades, over the counter, and they automatically applied 15% discount. It appears that some franchises choose to apply a wider scope to the discounts on offer, and for no cost I have this year saved 200 quid on a service and in this case about 7.50 on a set of wiper blades. 

No lose scenario.....

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Have submitted my documents for My Porsche - looks like I started it for my previous car and never completed it. Bit of a faff to send proof of ownership etc, but if it saves a few pennies, its got to be worth a go

My Porsche doesn’t save you anything. It’s the classic register that gets you some discount.  And a nice box and a metal “card”. And number plate surrounds that I have never bothered to collect.  

8 minutes ago, Paul P said:

They are covered and mine is registered, some initial confusion over "classic means you can get the updated PCCM+ unit" vs "9x7 are now eligible for classic register"

I recently bought some wiper blades, over the counter, and they automatically applied 15% discount. It appears that some franchises choose to apply a wider scope to the discounts on offer, and for no cost I have this year saved 200 quid on a service and in this case about 7.50 on a set of wiper blades. 

No lose scenario.....

Def win win. So I took myself down the OPC today to register. The guy took my details and gave me a nice shiny members badge, not too sure what I'm going to do with it mind. Says I should get some bumph come through in next couple of months. I'd much rather a nice shiny HPFP though, still no news on that 😭

• Like 1