Michelin Tyres Offer

GTSMarky

I have used Kwik fit for the last 3 sets of tyres, aamzingley they can be fairly competitive and they haven't managed to scratch my wheels yet! I always decline their kind offer to do my tracking though.

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody got a price from Costco on 265/35/20, N rated. £327 each from Kwik Fit, not including the valve refresh cost of £6 per unit.

Thats £6 for a valve core and valve cap as they cant easily swap out TPMS valves. 

I bought these, slightly cheaper...

WTVn5HF.png

16 minutes ago, andygo said:

Thats £6 for a valve core and valve cap as they cant easily swap out TPMS valves. 

They shouldn't need to replace the whole TPMS, unless it's failed, they can easily change just the valve stem part, which is a spanner and allen key job, takes no time at all. Had a 4 done on my Macan recently. (done by Kwik Fit)

https://www.design911.com/p/tyre-pressure-moniter-valve-stem-porsche-997---boxster---cayman---cayenne---panamera_2_2_2_2_2_2_2/?source=doofinder

1 hour ago, andygo said:

Anybody got a price from Costco on 265/35/20, N rated.

I tried to get a price recently from and gave up! I like using them as in my local one at least the tyres are always a few weeks old. Slowest fitters out there which is a bit of a nuisance. 

2 hours ago, CMA said:

They shouldn't need to replace the whole TPMS, unless it's failed, they can easily change just the valve stem part, which is a spanner and allen key job, takes no time at all. Had a 4 done on my Macan recently. (done by Kwik Fit)

https://www.design911.com/p/tyre-pressure-moniter-valve-stem-porsche-997---boxster---cayman---cayenne---panamera_2_2_2_2_2_2_2/?source=doofinder

Interesting info. Shortly after I bought my Cayman which had the wheels refinished, one of the sensors disintegrated, rattling around inside the wheel. Wonder if whoever had refitted the valves/TPMS had overtightened? I had just assumed it had broken due to the kerbs I might have used at a trackday at Spa.

94XhGO0.jpg

mZ1G0WO.jpg

25 minutes ago, andygo said:

Interesting info. Shortly after I bought my Cayman which had the wheels refinished, one of the sensors disintegrated, rattling around inside the wheel. Wonder if whoever had refitted the valves/TPMS had overtightened? I had just assumed it had broken due to the kerbs I might have used at a trackday at Spa.

Or more common is the fitter catches it with the bead breaker or a tyre lever, may have been damaged then your kerb exploits finished it off

Exactly.

Anyway, it replaced under warranty, so happy days in the end. It wasn't the OPC aftermarket warranty, it was sorted out at the supplying dealer without invoking the warranty.

Edited by andygo
  • Like 1