Bonnet and Boot lid - gas struts needed

Rav

The bonnet (frunk) on my 986 decided it wanted to fall on my head in the recent cold weather. I need new struts. Can anyone recommend where to buy good quality ones at a decent price? 

Stabilus are the original supplier to Porsche, however there are a number of quality after market brand options out there. I used Monroe at the front and Magneti Marelli on the rear, both from Autodoc, on mine and they are still fine some 4 years or more later.

• Like 1

Thanks friends. You are the very best of the best. I will order now.

I tried the Magnetti Marreli ones and they were no good. They were not two stage, in that, they didn't slow down when coming to a stop and wobbled the frunk.

I ended up buying Stabilus ones and they were perfect. They slow down a few inches before the stop which is much softer and as per factory ones. 

10 hours ago, The Caped Crusader said:

I tried the Magnetti Marreli ones and they were no good. They were not two stage, in that, they didn't slow down when coming to a stop and wobbled the frunk.

I ended up buying Stabilus ones and they were perfect. They slow down a few inches before the stop which is much softer and as per factory ones. 

Probably why they cost a bit more.  The MMs are on the rear of mins so that needs a slam to shut anyway.  Either way better than shot ones that drop on your head!