Thoughts on Goodyear asymmetric 20” 265 35

bally4563

Checked on if I can push my fitting date sooner to get them fitted , his response was yes if they arrive before your pre booked fitting date and you do know these are not the approved tyres for your car. Silence from me …. Yes I know had them on my last two and I like them and the car is 12 years old and not under any warranty scheme . Walked away with a good under breath …. fek off knob!!

• 2 weeks later...

Camskill seem to be the best place to buy tyres from supply only. Nobody can really touch their prices. 

Kumhos are exceptionally good tyres they do however lack rim protection almost seating flush to the rim edge, while other manufacturers like Michelin, Bridgestone, Contis etc have a better sidewall design to keep stones etc from smashing the side of the wheels. 

Looking at reviews the PS71 is the grippier of the two tyre options. 

P-Zeros are horrible in the wet. A tyre I will never run again. Goodyears are great but seem to gradually get harder/ lose their edge. Something myself & others have found, I think you've made a sensible decision for the type of driving you do Mick 👍

1 hour ago, Cocky said:

Camskill seem to be the best place to buy tyres from supply only. Nobody can really touch their prices. 

Kumhos are exceptionally good tyres they do however lack rim protection almost seating flush to the rim edge, while other manufacturers like Michelin, Bridgestone, Contis etc have a better sidewall design to keep stones etc from smashing the side of the wheels. 

Looking at reviews the PS71 is the grippier of the two tyre options. 

P-Zeros are horrible in the wet. A tyre I will never run again. Goodyears are great but seem to gradually get harder/ lose their edge. Something myself & others have found, I think you've made a sensible decision for the type of driving you do Mick 👍

Hi Luke gone with the PS91

Loved Kumhos on my 986 but you lot had me sh*gg*ng out the rears in 3000 miles. Have the PS4 now and they are very good, not tested as thoroughly nowadays but I doubt I'd be disappointed if I came over for a drive.

1 hour ago, Cocky said:

P-Zeros are horrible in the wet. A tyre I will never run again.

Not sure about the wet but here we had recent feedback more than once that an N0 was horrible but the N1 was much improved.

21 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Not sure about the wet but here we had recent feedback more than once that an N0 was horrible but the N1 was much improved.

I can't argue there, I would definitely recommend other brands over these but appreciate people with warranty get stuck having to use specific tyres. 

Depends how you drive I guess. I get about 20% of the life span some claim on the forum.