Soft top covers

mr.tourette23

I've been considering one for a while but unsure if I'd actually use it, I, like the idea it can protect from cr*p coming through the drain holes (although I have cleared them) 

I proofed the roof last season but wasn't happy with the soaking I got getting in if there had been rain in the last 24 hours, our drive is north facing and beaded water could sit there for days sometimes and give you an unpleasant drenching getting in. 

I guess I'm asking are they worthwhile does the canvas actually need protecting so much? Do you guys who have bought one actually use it regularly? Or does it just sit in the boot or garage. 

Cheers 

Cabrioshield Premium half cover.

Not cheap but very good.

Keeps fox claws and bird cr*p off the roof.

Won’t help re drains , but I’d say that should be a regular check anyway.

Edited by iborguk

6 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Cabrioshield Premium half cover.

Not cheap but very good.

Keeps fox claws and bird cr*p off the roof.

Won’t help re drains , but I’d say that should be a regular check anyway.

Do you use it regularly buddy?would you say it was a worthwhile investment? I always thought alot of the cr*p would have got into the drains whilst it was raining with the water carrying it down.. Not a big deal really as I will keep an eye on them

It stays on the car when not in use. This one is breathable.

Yes it is a worthwhile investment if the car lives outside.

I had a fox claw a previous car roof. A new OE cloth roof  is about £3.5K fitted.

+1 on the CabrioShield Premium.  Had mine for nearly 5 years now.  Breathable, easy to fit and sturdy in wild weather.  The sides are microfibre lined where the magnetic strips stick to the bodywork, so as long as it is fairly clean when you put it on, no paint damage.

• Like 1

I also have the cabrioshield and was initially very pleased with it. In recent stormy weather, I found it flapping about, held only by the rear boot lid. When I looked back on the driveway camera, I could see that the wind had got under the cover on the front windscreen and slowly pulled it up from the windscreen wipers and door jams. It isn’t easy to trap the front flaps in the door jams so maybe I didn’t have it tight enough. It didn’t come with instructions so maybe I’m doing something wrong when putting it on. Great material etc so shame to stop using it. Has anyone else had similar issue with it lifting off the front?

8 hours ago, Swbmc1 said:

Has anyone else had similar issue with it lifting off the front?

Yes Me

Not sure what else to do but keep putting it back under the wipers as I'm passing by. Is it possible to park the wipers higher up?

Mines been under the cover since the gritters came out so 4 or 5 weeks maybe. Hoping to have it off soon.

I'm also hoping a bit of flapping around isn't causing a problem so please don't tell me it is.

Pic from last year

20221210-102639.jpg

9 hours ago, ATM said:

Yes Me

Not sure what else to do but keep putting it back under the wipers as I'm passing by. Is it possible to park the wipers higher up?

Mines been under the cover since the gritters came out so 4 or 5 weeks maybe. Hoping to have it off soon.

I'm also hoping a bit of flapping around isn't causing a problem so please don't tell me it is.

Pic from last year

20221210-102639.jpg

Put the wipers in the service position - turn ignition on and off then press the wiper stalk down to the flick wipe position. Wipers are then parked angled across the windscreen.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, spook said:

Put the wipers in the service position - turn ignition on and off then press the wiper stalk down to the flick wipe position. Wipers are then parked angled across the windscreen.

Top Tip.

Juat decided to remove my cover which was complicated by having a flat battery. 

Hopefully you can see the window is parked proud of the roof seal as I've just yanked the door open without power so no window drop.

20240220-110641.jpg

20240220-110658.jpg

20240220-111250.jpg