Perfect 981, perfect service history-no invoices or paperwork…!

ribroaster3

2 hours ago, Araf said:

Porsche can't see that detail anyway.  I had one where it had passed into the trade and the warranty was still valid.  My local OPC told me Porsche couldn't find out without a lot of digging and to just use the warranty for the claim I had, and it was fine.

Good information to know👍

17 hours ago, ribroaster3 said:

I cannot get past the terracotta red soft tops- they just do not work for me at all. 👎

Red roofs rock 🤣🤣🤣

fMwQH14.jpg

• Like 5

I wish my car came with a red roof. Cosmetically, it's the only change I'd make. My black soft top is in fine condition & it would be a silly extravagance to change it.

2 hours ago, JurassicBGTS said:

Are they new wheels?

Winters wheels with tyres, purchased from a gentleman of the forum.  He had the natty  paint job done. Trust you are continuing to enjoy your extra 600cc 👍

3 hours ago, Topbox said:

Red roofs rock 🤣🤣🤣

fMwQH14.jpg

Now that colour combination works really well sir! 👏 I stand corrected ( I was meaning white car with red roof not to my liking) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, McDonald said:

I wish my car came with a red roof. Cosmetically, it's the only change I'd make

'tis human nature I think. My car has the button shift rather than paddles. It's not so much the paddles  I like, rather the style of the paddle shift wheel. It  looks nicer to my eye than the multi function job I have and lifts the whole cabin. I don't let it spoil my enjoyment of the car though.  Thing is, I have never seen two Boxsters that were identical.  I had an exterior mod done which I really like but no one ever notices, or if they do, don't comment,  because, perhaps,  they think it looks pants 😁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Lots of common sense answers-thanks. I think where I’m coming from is that I would simply like to paint a full picture of what has been done to ‘my new car’ over the years and when it’s been done and maybe why.

safety recalls?

emergency repairs -either under or outwith warranty?

additional work or repairs by previous owner-recommended by OPC?

Just my curious nature and not liking surprise of the nasty kind.

i will pursue a full disclosure and try and build up a bulging file of work done to it.

One of you might thank me for it in a couple of years when I sell the car to you!! 😂😂

Edited by ribroaster3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ribroaster3 said:

Lots of common sense answers-thanks. I think where I’m coming from is that I would simply like to paint a full picture of what has been done to ‘my new car’ over the years and when it’s been done and maybe why.

safety recalls?

emergency repairs -either under or outwith warranty?

additional work or repairs by previous owner-recommended by OPC?

Just my curious nature and not liking surprise of the nasty kind.

i will pursue a full disclosure and try and build up a bulging file of work done to it.

One of you might thank me for it in a couple of years when I sell the car to you!! 😂😂

Recalls are noted in the service book - they call them "campaigns"

I have been able to get copies of the redacted (name address costs) job sheets from OPC's in the past - just had to provide them a copy of my v5 to prove I currently owned the car.

Warranty related work may or may not have paperwork - I had to ask OPC for some documentation for my recent cross over pipe work - but others have had full paperwork for warranty work.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Topbox said:

Winters wheels with tyres, purchased from a gentleman of the forum.  He had the natty  paint job done. Trust you are continuing to enjoy your extra 600cc 👍

Feels like a lot more than 600cc extra😜

• Like 1