2012 Boxster interior

paulguitar

Well, it's hard to tell the real shade of red interior from photos - that does look quite red to be Porsche OEM, but quite often they do look more alarming colourful :) in photos than they do for real.

You can't get to the 981 configurator anymore, but the 718 is available in a similar black/red combo as that (below), although I could only get in the standard seats rather than whatever version of the sports seats that is in your photo. But I wouldn't rule that out as being OEM.

iris?COSY-EU-100-1711coMvsi60AAt5FwcmBEg

Edit to add: BTW, I got that on the configurator by selecting 'black/red leather package with partial leather interior' option

Edited by Jon61
Added detail

1 hour ago, paulguitar said:

Afternoon all. 

Went to view this car today. Has anyone seen this seat trim before, or has this been retrimmed at some point?

125409537.jpeg

I'd say that's OE.

I think but not certain that you could order it but then I would have expected more bits in red.  Might have had the seats swapped out at some point but I like it 👍🏼

Edited by daz05

46 minutes ago, daz05 said:

I think but not certain that you could order it but then I would have expected more bits in red.

Looking back at the 981 brochures, I can't see the two-colour seats listed as a 'standard' option on the 981, but the 2013 'Exclusive' brochure does show several pictures of a Riviera Blue car with just the seat centres in blue - the bolsters are black, but also the centre console compartment lid, door pulls and door storage lids are in black, as in the OP's photo (and unlike the 718 picture I posted above). So I suspect the OP's car may have a more expensive 'Exclusive' option on the seats.

• Thanks 1

I'd agree with most here that this isn't OEM, I also can't see this as an option in any of the brochures.  If any of you remember Golf GTi Colour Concepts, it reminds me of those! (I had a 1997 all black one with those cool Recaros)

53c6ba70f52131c6bef45832cbc19957 throwback-golf-color-concept-366

Looks awesome in a Boxster

https://www.stuttcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Boxster-981-2011-11-EN-1.pdf

May be linked to the leather package but, red is not mentioned and it does appear to include other pieces although it suggests you can personalise it in any colour you like! Bit of a unicorn this car 👍🏼

Edited by daz05

Thanks everyone for your replies.

It does indeed appear to have been OEM. Great effort from everyone here (and on Pistonheads) to establish that. 

Sadly the car itself has been rather neglected in the last 4 or 5 years, so I am not going to be a buyer. It's a real shame, the specs and options are impressive. 

BTW it's the one for sale at Staverton garage, if anyone wants to check it out.

17 hours ago, paulguitar said:

Thanks everyone for your replies.

It does indeed appear to have been OEM. Great effort from everyone here (and on Pistonheads) to establish that. 

Sadly the car itself has been rather neglected in the last 4 or 5 years, so I am not going to be a buyer. It's a real shame, the specs and options are impressive. 

BTW it's the one for sale at Staverton garage, if anyone wants to check it out.

Neglected how, it looks okay on the surface, and cheap?

2 hours ago, cozzykim said:

Neglected how, it looks okay on the surface, and cheap?

It's a bit less perfect looking in the flesh, with some obvious scratches and stone chips.

The main issue is that the last 'proper' service was carried out by an OPC in 2019. It's only had a couple of oil changes since then, and there is no record of anything else having been done. 

5 minutes ago, paulguitar said:

It's a bit less perfect looking in the flesh, with some obvious scratches and stone chips.

The main issue is that the last 'proper' service was carried out by an OPC in 2019. It's only had a couple of oil changes since then, and there is no record of anything else having been done. 

Nothing there that can't be addressed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Nothing there that can't be addressed.

Well, true. It would need a big service, encompassing everything, and a detail. I think though that I'd prefer to buy a car that has a recorded history of having been consistently cherished. Perhaps I won't rule this one out completely. I'm looking at four or five in total. 

3 minutes ago, paulguitar said:

Well, true. It would need a big service, encompassing everything, and a detail. I think though that I'd prefer to buy a car that has a recorded history of having been consistently cherished. Perhaps I won't rule this one out completely. I'm looking at four or five in total. 

World of choice and you know what your acceptance criteria is. I just personally wouldn't rule out the car if it is "the one", although of course it may not be for you.

Enjoy the hunt.

2 minutes ago, iborguk said:

World of choice and you know what your acceptance criteria is. I just personally wouldn't rule out the car if it is "the one", although of course it may not be for you.

Enjoy the hunt.

I'm starting to think that 'the hunt' is a big part of the fun, really. :)