No tip, no problem?

Langers

TBH not sure there's much you can do about roof fold marks, other than not fold the roof.  If a smooth roof is required buy a Cayman.

6 hours ago, ½cwt said:

TBH not sure there's much you can do about roof fold marks, other than not fold the roof.  If a smooth roof is required buy a Cayman.

It was more the bullet holes and tear that were cause for concern.

Judging also by the state of the aircon facia, I don’t think the owner has spent much time in it with a duster or heard of Autoglym:

BB991E5B-12B0-44C6-BC9F-83CF42DAF329.png

2 hours ago, Langers said:

It was more the bullet holes and tear that were cause for concern.

Judging also by the state of the aircon facia, I don’t think the owner has spent much time in it with a duster or heard of Autoglym:

BB991E5B-12B0-44C6-BC9F-83CF42DAF329.png

OK, fair point.  Possibly not a keeper more like an avoid that one!  Just trading on automatically expecting a limited edition premium.  Probably worth less than half the asking price.

The auction car has now come up on Auto Trader. I’ve called with a view to viewing this weekend, as it’s only 9 miles away. Do you reckon I left a message with (a) the actual seller or (b) Collecting Car’s’ agent keen to Collect his Commission? 

Any recommendations for PPI in West London?

Thanks and Happy Easter to you!

@TROOPER88 is in Sunbury. He done a API for me as I had already bought the car. 😂. All good. You would need to get the car to him though as he puts it on a lift, so you get to see underneath. 🤙🏻 Worth it.

Happy Easter. 🐣

1 hour ago, Langers said:

The auction car has now come up on Auto Trader. I’ve called with a view to viewing this weekend, as it’s only 9 miles away. Do you reckon I left a message with (a) the actual seller or (b) Collecting Car’s’ agent keen to Collect his Commission? 

Any recommendations for PPI in West London?

Thanks and Happy Easter to you!

I wonder whether Collecting Cars has a condition in it’s T&Cs similar to estate agents which means commission is due if the eventual buyer was introduced by them?

Not really your problem, as they will chase the seller for their commission, but worth bearing in mind. Makes sense to go straight to the seller as without commission to pay they can afford to go lower on price.

1 hour ago, Fat Rat said:

@TROOPER88 is in Sunbury. He done a API for me as I had already bought the car. 😂. All good. You would need to get the car to him though as he puts it on a lift, so you get to see underneath. 🤙🏻 Worth it.

Happy Easter. 🐣

Thanks Trooper - might be a good option

27 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

I wonder whether Collecting Cars has a condition in it’s T&Cs similar to estate agents which means commission is due if the eventual buyer was introduced by them?

Not really your problem, as they will chase the seller for their commission, but worth bearing in mind. Makes sense to go straight to the seller as without commission to pay they can afford to go lower on price.

Yes i reckon that is probably right. CC separately said I could view but would need to pay them the full price first!

I'm viewing on Sunday morning (surely seller should be at church?) so will report back.

• Like 2

I have provisionally bought the car! Feels like Christmas not Easter. Details to follow.

Seller was lovely, car a rock-solid amazing and surprisingly much better than pics suggested in fact.

PPI to be done asap this week, then unless anything catastrophic materialises should be good to go next weekend. Cannot wait!

Many thanks to @jimbop90 for putting me on to this car in the first place, and to everyone else for your invaluable help.

This is a fabulous forum full of terrific, friendly and knowledgeable enthusiasts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 3/31/2024 at 2:09 PM, Langers said:

I have provisionally bought the car! Feels like Christmas not Easter. Details to follow.

Seller was lovely, car a rock-solid amazing and surprisingly much better than pics suggested in fact.

PPI to be done asap this week, then unless anything catastrophic materialises should be good to go next weekend. Cannot wait!

Many thanks to @jimbop90 for putting me on to this car in the first place, and to everyone else for your invaluable help.

This is a fabulous forum full of terrific, friendly and knowledgeable enthusiasts.

I’ve got everything crossed this has a happy ending and look forward to the next update. 

Thanks @Bbooxxsstteerr!

PPI is all booked for next Weds when seller is taking it to be given the full once-over at Charles Ivey, the nearest indie. We’ve agreed the cost of anything material that CI says needs doing will come off sale price (eg suspension, brakes, exhaust). The sale will only not go ahead if there is something catastrophic.

I really like this car. I also adopt the view to only buy from people I like these days and I really like the seller too. He says he is going to copy the Porsche Certificate of Authenticity as a momento of his old car, which he knows already he will miss.

I also saw the sales receipt for the purchase in 2021 from ePorsch for some £2k more than my accepted offer. Eporsch usually sell only good cars, so that gives me some comfort too.

Every year when I get the Christmas decorations out, underneath them I find the spare set of mats I forgot to include when I sold my old Boxster. I can’t wait to put them on the new car.

I shall sign off for now with this video which I confess I have been watching daily for the past few months:

• 2 weeks later...

Morning

I am pleased to report that I am now the proud owner of special edition number 1798. 

The deal was finally done yesterday at midday and we haven’t stopped smiling yet. The car is fabulous.

Thanks to everyone for all your help and advice, I literally couldn’t have done it without you.

Langers

• Like 3