Intake upgrade - is this the bit I need?

Ninesomething

The 987 3.2  upgrade is to use the 3.4 inlet plenum TEE from a Cayman or a boxster of model year 2006 onwards. . unfortunately the item has ended in auction , i did post the part numbers in the upgrades section some years ago , I don't recall them off the top of my head i'm afraid.  The original listing looks like the right part and includes the throttle body as well. The lower foot on the bracket is broken but that doesn't matter on the 3.2 upgrade because it won't mount onto the 3.2 engine its designed for the 3.4. Most people cut it off anyway.

Edited by Berty987
spelling

2 hours ago, Berty987 said:

The 987 3.2  upgrade is to use the 3.4 inlet plenum TEE from a Cayman or a boxster of model year 2006 onwards. . unfortunately the item has ended in auction , i did post the part numbers in the upgrades section some years ago , I don't recall them off the top of my head i'm afraid.  The original listing looks like the right part and includes the throttle body as well. The lower foot on the bracket is broken but that doesn't matter on the 3.2 upgrade because it won't mount onto the 3.2 engine its designed for the 3.4. Most people cut it off anyway.

Howdy stranger  👋

22 hours ago, Berty987 said:

Thanks for the advice. It's ended because I bought it so lets hope you're right - pretty sure you are. Gareth @Lonewolfgjp 👍 thinks the same as you.

BTW I looked for your thread on doing this job on Rennlist and all I could get was a dead link. Maybe it's been archived. 

That’s a shame about the thread as I followed Bertys thread when I fitted mine.

Did you find out if you need bigger couplers or stretch your original ones, I really can’t remember. I’ve got a feeling I stretched the original ones as in Bertys thread I’m sure he used the 3.4 ones but used some tape on the one end as it was too big and I don’t remember messing with tape.

17 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

That’s a shame about the thread as I followed Bertys thread when I fitted mine.

Did you find out if you need bigger couplers or stretch your original ones, I really can’t remember. I’ve got a feeling I stretched the original ones as in Bertys thread I’m sure he used the 3.4 ones but used some tape on the one end as it was too big and I don’t remember messing with tape.

I'm away at the minute so I haven't compared the two but I'm pretty sure I've read that you can soften the rubbers in hot water and  stretch them on with a bit of cussing. No it's not a situation I regularly encounter before anyone makes a fnaarr! comment.

Other than that I'm hoping it's a `remove old item replace with new item` sort of job. Everyone seemed to be pleased with the result. I'm not expecting a miracle and I had sort of talked myself out of doing it but then the tee with the tb attached popped up on ebay cheap so I thought what the heck. Removing restrictions is a good thing right?

On a related issue blocking off the hole to the helmholz chamber in the airbox is said to give an intake noise boost. From the diags I've seen I can't find it but I guess I'll stumble on it when I pull it apart.