Deposit account

Araf

As the above states. I need a new deposit account. Internet access for ease, and only require two withdrawals per year. I don't want to have to put a set amount in each month, though if this will give a better return than putting in lump-sums, I will.

Anyone know where's best at the moment? I won't be going over the assured sum threshold so additional security is not required.

As the above states. I need a new deposit account. Internet access for ease, and only require two withdrawals per year. I don't want to have to put a set amount in each month, though if this will give a better return than putting in lump-sums, I will.

Anyone know where's best at the moment? I won't be going over the assured sum threshold so additional security is not required.

http://www.nsandi.com/products/pb/applynow.jsp free withdrawals and potential of a great return

www.if.com

isaver

6.4%

no mins, no maxs, no limits

Thanks. I forgot to add, the account can't have links with HBOS, which puts if.com out.

National Savings looks favourite at the moment, Thanks.

I have a big box under my bed... I can't promise any interest... but at least you'll know your cash is safe.... :whistle::inocent::vampire:

There are so many obvious jokes in there...

I have a big box under my bed... I can't promise any interest... but at least you'll know your cash is safe.... :whistle::inocent::vampire:

There are so many obvious jokes in there...

Do you feel lucky...Well do ya! If so can try Premium Bonds. On average they return 3.4% which is tax free i beleive. Never know, may get a big win and find it was the best investment you ever made. Trick is you need to buy large amounts in blocks. About £30000 worth to bring back returns. ;)

I'll leave the obvious one, in case you had a bad week-end again. <_<

However: -

I thought you only showed interest, in bed, when there's cash involved. :licki:

Check here.

List

You will need to restart the search and select your criteria. Gives a long list of available accounts.

www.if.com

isaver

6.4%

no mins, no maxs, no limits

Thanks. I forgot to add, the account can't have links with HBOS, which puts if.com out.

National Savings looks favourite at the moment, Thanks.

Can one ask why no links with HBOS ?

Can one ask why no links with HBOS ?

Yes, it's because my mortgage is with them. I want to remove the risk of my tax money being taken to pay off my mortgage.

Anyone else have money in Icesave?

I believe they have frozen accounts to prevent a run/total collapse on the bank . I heard that the Icelandic government were borrowing billions to shore up their banks. I also heard that because you are a UK based saver the same same guarantees apply ie 100% of the first £50k or £100k for a joint account

I believe they have frozen accounts to prevent a run/total collapse on the bank . I heard that the Icelandic government were borrowing billions to shore up their banks. I also heard that because you are a UK based saver the same same guarantees apply ie 100% of the first £50k or £100k for a joint account

Sounds like they are down the pan although should be covered by FSA guarantee :(

Oh happy day

http://money.uk.msn.com/investing/articles...umentid=9980760

Sounds like they are down the pan although should be covered by FSA guarantee :(

Oh happy day

http://money.uk.msn.com/investing/articles...umentid=9980760

Looks like I was talkiing b*ll*x :blush:

Hopefully you should be covered

Archived