Track day Insurance

I'm my experience one off track day insurance is stupidly expensive.

Much better to choose an insurer for your annual policy who offer it either included or as an add on.

1 hour ago, Jason986S said:

Apparently Porsche's own insurance (whoever its underwritten by at God knows what price) includes 2 track days a year (or so they said)

Check though that these might have to be Porsche Club events,

As track days have grown in popularity the competition for track day insurance seems to have driven the price down.

If the cars value is under 30k the days insurance cover seems reasonable to me.

Don't forget if you decide not to take out insurance and another car destroys your car which is not your fault you can not

claim off their track day insurance as it only covers the car insured and not any other car. 

26 minutes ago, fischer said:

Don't forget if you decide not to take out insurance and another car destroys your car which is not your fault you can not claim off their track day insurance as it only covers the car insured and not any other car. 

I didn't know that. Presumably you could claim off them personally. Absence of insurance cover does not remove the liability. So, if you have track day cover but cause an accident to an uninsured driver/car then you could be personally liable as they wouldn't have cover. Is track day cover a compulsory requirement of track use? 

13 hours ago, Oldboy 63 said:

Who have members used for track day insurance? as about to book a track day at Bedford Autodrome

We offer track day cover for existing customers and costs are between £35-£65 per day depending on vehicle value and driver age etc. We can also add track day modifications to your policy free of charge so if you wanted to add things like roll cage, buckets seats and harness's etc we would have no problem with that.

We can cover all UK tracks apart from Castle Combe due to the bad accident record there.

Kind Regards
Neil

32 minutes ago, Boxob said:

I didn't know that. Presumably you could claim off them personally. Absence of insurance cover does not remove the liability. So, if you have track day cover but cause an accident to an uninsured driver/car then you could be personally liable as they wouldn't have cover. Is track day cover a compulsory requirement of track use? 

As far as I am aware you can not claim off anyone as it is an organised track day and you sign to agree as such.

Track day cover is not compulsory, I inure on track days just in case the car gets totalled as this would probably be

the only time I would claim.    

40 minutes ago, neil@greenlight said:

We offer track day cover for existing customers and costs are between £35-£65 per day depending on vehicle value and driver age etc. We can also add track day modifications to your policy free of charge so if you wanted to add things like roll cage, buckets seats and harness's etc we would have no problem with that.

We can cover all UK tracks apart from Castle Combe due to the bad accident record there.

Kind Regards
Neil

A pity this is only for existing customers as that is very cheap for track insurance.

I will have to see how competitive you are when the insurance is due again.

I've never bothered with track day insurance, and would only probably have it if my car was of significant value say £10k+ and under 10 years old. As it is I drive cheaper old rotters so it would just be annoying should something go wrong

1 hour ago, Boxob said:

In theory you could, but I've not heard of anyone doing so.  It's a track environment, and as such you take full liability for being on track - it's in the T&C that you sign before taking parts.  Cover is not compulsory.

The basic rule is that you accept the risk if you participate in the track day - the TDO will ensure you sign to this effect before taking part.

If you want to insure your car for damage incurred then you can take out track day cover - but it only covers damage to your car not anybody elses.

If you don't have insurance and someone damages your can then that's the risk you take.

I would guess you could take legal proceedings against anyone else causing your damage if they were negligent, but the chances of success would be remote as you have chosen to participate and signed to accept the risks.

All sounds fair enough to me - if you don't accept the risk then don't participate.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to be insured with CCI - but can't seem to locate them anymore ?

they included track days FOC, as long as I notified them before attending - workers out very competitive

I'm renewing mid Feb - been with Admiral for a couple of years, but now I want trackway cover too..

Looks like it may be a bit pricey for the GT3

Moris want £400 just to cover me for one day at Donington!

Archived