Got my speedster humps!

Jason986S

After a long wait following my auction win, my genuine Porsche speedster humps arrived today. Very good condition and very well packaged. Good old UPS with next day delivery on a standard service too. 

They're an awesome secure fit, and are plastic not fibreglass like the replica versions. They've got all the stamps and markings on the underside too.

Couple of photos on the quick test fit (not fully secured only locked in at the sides using the factory hard top mounts and hardware that comes on the humps):

Theyre atlas grey apparently so will need a lick of basalt black, but I really like the look. First step towards making my Boxster my own.

9D46E9E4-3A97-41EF-9A6F-3ABF7149859F.jpg

8907C09E-CCD6-42A2-9ADE-16E0A29285CE.jpg

646189E1-7588-43EF-8795-B9ACBA11043A.jpg

apologies for the messy un-painted garage. 

Top work Jason, I'll be following this particular mini-project with interest...

Cheers, Baggers.

45 minutes ago, jimbob2911 said:

Left, right, ceiling walls , floor !!

Ah regarding the garage. Indeed! Been meaning to paint the walls for nearly 4 years, but it's finding the time to empty it right out, leaving my pride and joy out in the elements. Then considering whether to replace the carpet with rubber matting or to paint and seal the floor.

19 hours ago, fischer said:

Really like the look of them. 

I can confirm that they both comfortably fit in the rear boot together for easy transportation.

I will be buying some large soft towels/blankets to stop them rubbing together or on the underside of the boot-lid.

But I was surprised how easily they fitted in. Leaves the front trunk for storage and stuff still.

3 hours ago, mickemo said:

Hey Jason, can I ask a daft question?  I guess you have to remove the speed humps BEFORE you can raise the hood ?

Yeh that's right. You manually remove the humps and pop them in the boot, then raise the roof. It takes about 30 seconds to remove or fit them, so not a huge struggle if the heavens open mid drive.

I do wish they were a permanent fixture and part of the boot kid or clam shell.

Thanks mate - they do look very smart and maybe the fact that they are removable is a good thing i.e. you can sell them separately when it comes to resale time (if new buyer doesn't like them)

Archived