Shape envy, gone it is

Mr96er

7 minutes ago, cj225 said:

I'd seen that one, but concluded it made no noticeable difference, whereas the big chin of the Aero spoiler transforms the front.

I've got some ideas planned for the weekend, as I'm thinking of DIY Zunsporting the bumper anyway.

I don't really like the Aero spoiler on the 986, looks out of place I think, but I do love a good ducktail.  Almost like the one the Stola GTS had.

Funnily enough, those were my thoughts exactly on that eBay lip. It's just not quite enough. Bit too tame and doesn't do a lot for the car.

Let me know how you get on with your tinkering. Be good to see what you try out. If I keep my standard bumper, I'll probably DIY black mesh the grilles (on the inside so it's subtle/hidden) similarly.

I'm a sucker for a big silly spoiler. I'd have a new GT3-RS one if I could. If you've seen my previous car you'd understand (carbon GT wing 320mm off the bootlid!)

15 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

Funnily enough, those were mY thoughts exactly on that eBay lip. It's just not quite enough. But to tame and doesn't do a lot for the car.

Let me know how you get on with your tinkering. Be good to see what you try out. If I keep my standard bumper, I'll probably DIY black mesh the grilles (on the inside so it's subtle/hidden) similarly.

I'm a sucker for a big silly spoiler. Its have a GT3-RS one if I could. If you've seen my previous car you'd understand (carbon GT wing 320mm off the bootlid!)

This one isn't too bad.  Would actually make the lift up spoiler look a bit more manly.  987, mind.

attachment.php?attachmentid=34506&stc=1&

Funny you mention zunsport, as they used to own my car and feature it still on the web. You'll recognise the wheels in the side grilles picture. 

I could take or leave the aero additions myself, but someone obviously had a look in mind, and I do think it's a blessing that they left the rear alone, aside from the rather wide deep dished wheels and stretched tyres. My only detailing on the rear has been the Bespoke Exhaust which features a beautiful 304 gauge stainless back box and is super quiet for touring (as opposed to the raucous track day system they made for me first time around). 

Cant wait to chase boxster a$$ ends around the Dales on the weekend. ?

I do prefer the look of the 986 vs the standard 996, but I do love the look of the 4S or turbo.

They really hit the mark with the 4S, only subtle changes but it's very effective.

1 hour ago, Southy said:

I do prefer the look of the 986 vs the standard 996, but I do love the look of the 4S or turbo.

They really hit the mark with the 4S, only subtle changes but it's very effective.

If you go on the 911 forums, most of them seem to hate the turbo look and attribute it to something porsche did when they ran out of ideas.

Could always make your own mash up...

s-l300.jpg

If I had to repair after a front ended, I'd go for those lights, with that kind of bumper just for a fresh sexy facelift. I'm very happy with mine and won't even change to clear lenses goddamit! 

I'm a failed purist. ?

Ambers. :wub:

The clearists will come around, just give them a year or two...

Cheers, Baggers.

6 hours ago, Southy said:

Agreed! The c4s in seal grey is my weak spot. Currently however, not sure I could justify one over my box... 

What does it do better? Only accelerate. And possible impress shallow people. Neither of which are up on my list. 

10 hours ago, Loz987 said:

Agreed! The c4s in seal grey is my weak spot. Currently however, not sure I could justify one over my box... 

What does it do better? Only accelerate. And possible impress shallow people. Neither of which are up on my list. 

Well I'd want a 4S cabriolet, as I would still want roof off option

hqdefault.jpg

porsche-911-carrera-996-carrera-4s-tiptr

10 hours ago, Loz987 said:

That was good enough for me!! :D

Also the bady seat in the back was fairly fundamental...

Oh yeah, can't believe I forgot the back seats?. That's a big thing for many folks. 

I think I was on the sauce when I wrote that honestly judging by the shameful tone, and the headache I woke up with. 

C4s rag top is a lovely thing. Sure I wouldn't change my box for one right now though. And they are only going up. 

On 17/08/2016 at 8:23 PM, Jason986S said:

Funnily enough, those were my thoughts exactly on that eBay lip. It's just not quite enough. Bit too tame and doesn't do a lot for the car.

I'm a sucker for a big silly spoiler. I'd have a new GT3-RS one if I could. If you've seen my previous car you'd understand (carbon GT wing 320mm off the bootlid!)

Already posted what I did, but I'm now 100% happy with the bumper - with a small change making a big difference.   No more Aero related distractions....at the front, anyway :lol:  

Archived