Show us your knob!

Ringo

14 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

26233987113_0a8b490288_b.jpg

This is my knob? 997 turbo carbon fitted in my 986s.

Look quite cool and uber expensive new but there is one on eBay in top condition. Be warned they are chromed plastic and real carbon.

26270422864_e939aa5dea_b.jpg

26565826150_4599f263ae_b.jpg

V niiice...I've bought cars in the past for less than these cost! :D

11 hours ago, cj225 said:

I did a quick temporary jazz up on mine.  Have something up my sleeve for the future though...

20160814_150200_HDR.jpg

@cj225 I'm intrigued...pray tell!

1 hour ago, Ringo said:

@cj225 I'm intrigued...pray tell!

You'll have to wait - I'm expecting something in the post!

It's one of those little custom jobbies I'm going for, nothing expensive.  Just saw something and thought it might suit, with some modification...

25 minutes ago, cj225 said:

You'll have to wait - I'm expecting something in the post!

It's one of those little custom jobbies I'm going for, nothing expensive.  Just saw something and thought it might suit, with some modification...

Sounds good...I look forward to seeing the results!

19 hours ago, Jason986S said:

Same as above, silver and leather 987 tequipment shifter. 

F91FC502-5816-450A-8B35-4466F8F73377.jpg

I really want yours @Lonewolfgjp but can't justify the eBay asking prices. As @Ringo above, I've also bought cars for less!

I am curious. I have the same gear knob as yours but the hand brake lever in my car is just plain black. Were these sepatate options when new? Quite fancy the black and silver hand brake lever - if it is possible to get hold of one?

18 hours ago, el 3.2S said:

I am curious. I have the same gear knob as yours but the hand brake lever in my car is just plain black. Were these sepatate options when new? Quite fancy the black and silver hand brake lever - if it is possible to get hold of one?

No idea. It came on the car. I'm sure I've seen them on eBay UK before.

On 29/08/2016 at 1:26 PM, Ringo said:

Sounds good...I look forward to seeing the results!

So, here it is.  Always like the Ferrari-like approach to interiors, being classier than a normal production car and still retaining that mechanical edge.  May yet polish it up and add some colour to the inlay.

With that in mind, Porsche don't (to my knowledge) make what I wanted, so I've made it myself.  I'll put the other photos in the running reports thread, to save clogging up this one.

a9Chhgu.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived