Platinum Silver or GT Silver

runner

GT Silver. Is the traditional Porsche Colour and you can't go wrong with it, I really like it. 

Platinum (or Rhodium) Silver I don't like as much.  But I am very much of the opinion that get the colour you like best, don't try to second guess what will hold its value better.  You could say GT Silver is TOO common on Porsches hence boring.

when buying 2nd hand then there was a range of colours that I could have bought any of the above Silvers would have been OK for me, go to a dealership and check which colours you don't like, then look for a spec you like and see what options you have.

I have a rhodium silver car and I really like it! But of course its a matter of personal preference and, after all, I picked this colour!

When I choice the colour the salesman put the colour examples of rhodium and gt silver next to each other. The rhodium appeared to have a blur hue whilst the gt silver seemed to have more of a brown hue. It was no contest for me but there you go.

1 hour ago, Greenman said:

GT Silver. Is the traditional Porsche Colour and you can't go wrong with it, I really like it. 

Not saying anything against GT Silver (why would I ? :)) but I don't think there's anything traditional about it, is there? Doesn't it just date back to the Carrera GT, ie to around 2004?

The first (and traditional/classic) Boxster colour was Arctic Silver.

It may be just me, but it amazes me that Porsche do so may similar shades. Yes, they look different if you see them next to each other. But I'm not sure that I'd be able to identify them if I saw one of them in isolation (even having owned cars in two of them!)

So, spot the difference to Malcolm's platinum silver above, it is there,  but it's subtle (bearing in mind the lighting is different etc) -

Arctic silver:

r56jpe1_zpsorzysyga.jpg

GT silver:

IMG_4867_50_zpsgogpjyr0.jpg

3 hours ago, temporarychicken said:

Boxsternoobs photos are always so nice. They manage to make Leighton Buzzard look like a cool 1970s era Route 66 type of USA vibe. Are you doing anything with the contrast or adding blue?

Thanks....there was an attempt to HDR no 1-3 (never really had success TBH) so that will have affected the white balance etc a bit...these were taken at an almost abandoned petrol station....no 4 is a straight photo though..I love the way the car looks like polished metal when its wet :)

this is the same place a different day with some mine and some a pro photographer

mine

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

his

boxsters-1-2.jpg

boxster-1-4.jpg

and this photo that keeps popping up too :D

boxsters-4.jpg

My first Boxster 987.1 was Artic Silver, and my next was a GT Silver 987.2.  Although I preferred the GT Silver colour wise, it was much more susceptible to stone chips, so maybe it's a softer paint.

11 hours ago, boxsternoob56 said:

Thanks....there was an attempt to HDR no 1-3 (never really had success TBH) so that will have affected the white balance etc a bit...these were taken at an almost abandoned petrol station....no 4 is a straight photo though..I love the way the car looks like polished metal when its wet :)

I've never been a huge fan of HDR photography on natural landscapes but for something like this I think they can make very dramatic pictures. I particularly like the first picture in the first of your posts here boxsternoob, where whatever you've done has really upped the reflections on the car to the extent that it looks like molten metal (Terminator 2-style!)

Archived