Is it me?

Terryg

I suspect someone will put in a one word answer to that.

Anyway, after the Aircon debacle I decided to be much more careful who I use, so far Revolution have proved fine in that they have done an inspection and sorted the key out for me. At the end of this month the car goes in for a good bit of work with them and I expect to be very happy with it.

However my efforts at getting some dents sorted and wheels refurbed are proving nearly as frustrating as the aircon did. First, how do you get a dent guy to turn up, give a quote and then actually book the job in? They all seem ridiculously busy, is this job that lucrative? Should we all be getting in to dent removal?

Next up wheels, bought some second hand ones of ebay with a small dent in the rim of one, nothing shocking, especially at the price. Googled wheel restores Manchester and found a couple with good reviews. The closest one I visited twice, once on a saturday and once on a monday, on both occasions they were closed and with no sign on the door to tell me what their hours were I gave up trying to guess. So I go to the second one, discuss colours, show them the dent, tell them not to put the tyres back on as I am using the ones on the car, they do "same day" but I say no panic I'll bring the car up Thursday (2 days later) to do the swap. Thursday I ring 3 times and the wheels are not ready, Friday morning I ring and the wheels are ready, I drive across Manchester and see four wheels sitting outside, two with tyres on, one with a dent in the rim and all four in the wrong colour.

In the twenty five years I lived abroad has everything really gone to sh.. in terms of workmanship and customer service? I know Revolution will prove it hasn't!

Terry

Terry, No its not just you.

We were talking over the weekend with friends and between us we had about 6 really bad issues with suppliers/contractors making a lash up of even the simplest of things, make me so ruddy angry that I could screa .......and now relaxxxxx

29 minutes ago, mike597 said:

I suspect a lot of the wheel restorer places tend to deal with trade rather than retail customer by preference. 

There was a lot of non trade guys getting wheels done, I think thats part of the problem, they are very busy, no written notes and the guy I spoke to was off yesterday when they were doing the job. Since I rang them about 3 times BEFORE they did the wheels they could have just asked

4 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

This is mike597 we're talking about.  Don't worry, he's an equal opportunity insulter :D

Saying that, it's been ages since we have had a really good barney on here. Even @Simon has mellowed and no longer takes the bait. 

4 hours ago, witko999 said:

I had some minor paintwork done at Performance Porsche, which is 5 minutes away from Revolution in Brighouse.  The standard is very good, and they're always happy to show me round any projects they're working on.

Thanks for that I might take a look when I take the car to Revolution if I have time.

48 minutes ago, mike597 said:

Saying that, it's been ages since we have had a really good barney on here. Even @Simon has mellowed and no longer takes the bait. 

I used to have a few barneys with the yanks on a flooring forum, good fun providing it doesn't get too silly. In fact I just started on some other thread on here where someone argued with me about "quick shifter" versus "short shifter", can't be arsed looking to see what thread, so in the unlikely event that any of you cares, you can search for it yourself and fan the flames.

What you talkin' bout Willis?

I am particularly grumpy his evening on my shyatey train - try me!

:laugh:

Oh and when are you sl*gs going to come go karting so we can settle this like men by ramming each other into water filled barriers?

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

What you talkin' bout Willis?

I am particularly grumpy his evening on my shyatey train - try me!

:laugh:

Oh and when are you sl*gs going to come go karting so we can settle this like men by ramming each other into water filled barriers?

I hope you've done the honourable thing and stretched out over both arm rests. 

Set the date,  I'll see if I can get down there to show you exactly how terrible I am at driving. 

10 minutes ago, Simon said:

Come on - you guys know Mini's are where it's at, I haven't owned a Boxster since 2004!  Why would I buy a poor man's 911?

;)

So rather than buying a poor mans 911 you just bought a poor mans Fiat 500, still there must have been a bit of "Iti" in Issigonis with a name like that, maybe eastern European that makes it a poor mans Yugo, nah its just an original poor mans car.

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm sorry? I never mentioned Mike had bad breath!

Hard to run with that one since I never met him, anyway surely a moderator should step in now its got personal, oh wait I just spotted your forum status

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Come on - you guys know Mini's are where it's at, I haven't owned a Boxster since 2004!  Why would I buy a poor man's 911?

;)

....when you can have a poor man's Cayenne? <_< 

Archived