gear stick chop

alank

Have been playing about with gear changes and realize ,for me anyway, it is a lot smoother gear change holding the stick half way down when changing gear. This leads me to thinking about chopping the stick down to achieve the slicker changing I am experiencing.

Has anyone any experience of doing this , and how did you find it.   thanks

On 11/10/2016 at 4:48 PM, alank said:

Have been playing about with gear changes and realize ,for me anyway, it is a lot smoother gear change holding the stick half way down when changing gear. This leads me to thinking about chopping the stick down to achieve the slicker changing I am experiencing.

Has anyone any experience of doing this , and how did you find it.   thanks

I just found it was a far better solution to craft different gear knob.   The standard VW derived butt plug thing on the 2.5 really doesn't do the car much justice, but even the 3.2's knob ends up being a bit taller than it needs to be.

Not really necessary to chop the shaft though

1 hour ago, cj225 said:

I just found it was a far better solution to craft different gear knob.   The standard VW derived butt plug thing on the 2.5 really doesn't do the car much justice, but even the 3.2's knob ends up being a bit taller than it needs to be.

Not really necessary to chop the shaft though

" Butt plug thing "  !!!  LOL

On 10/12/2016 at 8:40 AM, Jason986S said:

Or Ali Express for £35 shipped (same thing from the China factory warehouse).

UK seller punting them on ebay for £34.99 delivered. I know because mine turned up yesterday. 

Ironically I'm thinking of ways to extend the shifter - and also modifiying to take a regular (threaded type) gear knob so I can put a nice heavy ball type one on there (improves shift feel massively from experience). 

3 hours ago, snotrag said:

UK seller punting them on ebay for £34.99 delivered. I know because mine turned up yesterday. 

Ironically I'm thinking of ways to extend the shifter - and also modifiying to take a regular (threaded type) gear knob so I can put a nice heavy ball type one on there (improves shift feel massively from experience). 

Just modify the gear knob instead B)

Archived