981 OPC Servicing Price

CMA

Just browsing the prices at the OPC for a Major service. Seems its £615 for the 981 seems a bit steep to me even compared to the rest of the Porsche range and that doesn't even include the £95 brake fluid change charge. 

Do the OPCs move much on servicing prices or is that the price, end of? 

Prices from here: http://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/porscheservice/serviceandorgininalparts/servicepricing/

They are flexible and its worth ringing around. Once they have the car they will ring you up with extras such as roof treatment etc. They told me that they charged for cleaning the dust out of the holes in the brake discs so it may be worth running a drill bit through them before the service.

They wanted to charge me £150 for an aircon 'service' I opted for the £50 'refresh' I have no idea what each entailed. My suspicion is that both are little more than checking that it works. I mean what can they do to it? The principle is the same as a fridge and I have never had that serviced and it 12 years old.

I am still considering using an indi in 18 months when mine is due its second service. You may like to consider your future intentions with the car. I will be keeping mine for a long time, but if I thought I would be trading it in soon then I would use an OPC for maintenance  as they will just use a lack of franchised servicing to kick you on the b*ll*cks price wise.

Edit - oh, and I haggled the fluid change down to £49.

1 minute ago, Bike Loon said:

Ive just had a look at what they do for a minor and major service... its not much really is it? :o

Pretty much you are paying for a stamp in the book.

I'm convinced you will get a better job at a good independent.

It is basically all inspections really. Even on the major service....

Major service includes:
All items in minor service as detailed plus:

Replacement of air cleaner element

Check condition, and adjust if required: fuel system, parking brake, clutch, steering gear, tie rod ends, axle joints, running gear, exhaust system, suspension, seat belts, throttle actuation and Polyrib belt
All of the above items are included in the fixed pricing structure.*

Revolution look after mine, decent price and great service. Wouldn't touch an OPC unless they paid me, bit like footballers ; overpriced and overrated. Had a sensor on one bank of cylinders fail ( their diagnosis) the car barely ran so booked it in at local OPC under warranty. Surely if one had failed, preventive maintenance would suggest changing the other banks sensor whilst the car was in the workshop...... No such luck, the other sensor failed less than 10 miles after collecting the car. Nuff said!

If Revolution were closer, but that means a day off work. I drive past the local OPC on the way to work so an easy drop off and collection. Plus as I'm not sure how long I'm keeping this car at the moment I'd prefer the next stamp to be OPC for resale. If it turns out I will keep it longer then Revolution would be the obvious choice, just need to sort the days off work to do it.

So, so far the best you've had is 10% off for PCGB membership. Any one managed better?

Dovehouse will be looking after mine as mine is a keeper plus their servicing  costs are about a 3rd less than opc :)

Archived