Interior Carpet Mats 986 s

hot1

Hello

I am looking to source some new carpet Mats for my 986 S, I would like OEM Mats however the £100 price tag seems a bit steep. Is there any particular after market company people could recommend to use before I make a purchase!

Thank you

I bought some aftermarket ones for the Old Fart's 2.5-  about £40 came with no way of fastening them down (another £5 on ebay) and were thin and cheap feeling.

I spent the £70 at Porsche when I replaced mine. still look mint after 4 years !

1 hour ago, Patt said:

seriously - go to Porsche and order them, they even come with new Velcro pads, and wince at the bill ...until you've fitted them and realise it sometimes pays to stay OEM

+1

Most OPC's will give a bit of discount... Worth asking for?

I need to get a set for my 987, the original ones have worn through in one place which I guess isn't too bad after 10 odd years. Will probably wait until after the winter before ordering, unless I can get them for a good price before.

I bought a FULL set from eBay about ten years ago for IIRC about £40.

The front and rear boot mats are still like new and the interior pair are also still in great  condition.

The site I used uses OEM grade carpet and it was buttons to trim black mats in bright RED to match the exterior.

Buy whatever makes you happy but try to compare apples with apples and not LEMONS :)

Also there are several ways to fasten them securely.

13 hours ago, EXY said:

I bought a FULL set from eBay about ten years ago for IIRC about £40.

The front and rear boot mats are still like new and the interior pair are also still in great  condition.

The site I used uses OEM grade carpet and it was buttons to trim black mats in bright RED to match the exterior.

Buy whatever makes you happy but try to compare apples with apples and not LEMONS :)

Also there are several ways to fasten them securely.

Now this was my first thought, there must be a good company out there who makes a near identical carpet mat for around £50,00, but it is hard to know who to go with, and the last thing I want to do is spend £50 and regret it and wish I had got the OEM mats, but at the same time £80,00 plus seems a lot for two front mats!

3 hours ago, hot1 said:

Now this was my first thought, there must be a good company out there who makes a near identical carpet mat for around £50,00, but it is hard to know who to go with, and the last thing I want to do is spend £50 and regret it and wish I had got the OEM mats, but at the same time £80,00 plus seems a lot for two front mats!

I got FOUR for about £40 ?

Still have the OEM ones too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/10/2016 at 11:06 AM, hot1 said:

Hello

I am looking to source some new carpet Mats for my 986 S, I would like OEM Mats however the £100 price tag seems a bit steep. Is there any particular after market company people could recommend to use before I make a purchase!

Thank you

This was the quandry I was in a few weeks back, I looked for ages at all the options, none really stacked up, what I hated was that most wouldnt attach, so slipped under the pedals which drove me nuts, the OEM ones come with 4 velcro screw pads which simply screw into your carper, no tools reguired and they lock the mats in place securly, I have driven with them for over two weeks now and they have no budged. They look awesome too

£90 from main dealer.

Picked some up from Leeds Opc yesterday. Really nice and the fastenings work really well.

I actually didn't realise the mats came with the fixings so bought 4 from Design911 which I now don't need. Anyone want them for cost of postage?

3 hours ago, Hotcoles said:

Picked some up from Leeds Opc yesterday. Really nice and the fastenings work really well.

I actually didn't realise the mats came with the fixings so bought 4 from Design911 which I now don't need. Anyone want them for cost of postage?

Some how my car had two of the four missing so I'll have them in they are still availabble ?

Many have the problem with sliding mats. Tired industrial strength Velcro, double stick tape and both combined with no real improvement. Then got VW/Audi parts. Can get them from OPC or U-Euro ebay, and Amazon has them. 

OEM Volkswagen part #3D0061795B41. This Floor Mat Clips (Oval) available at your local Volkswagen Dealer. Two-piece snap together. Laid the top piece on mat in car traced center with bright sharpie and drilled hole. Removed back of matting for good secure mating and popped together with rubber mallet.

The laid mats back in car and marked center of opening with sharpie and removed mats.

OEM Volkswagen part # 3D006179671N Floor Mat Screws. Screwed them in to the marking on floor carpet, laid mat down and twist locked in place. Never had them move again and a snap to remove for cleaning. 

Hopes this help.

The aftermarket mats in my car are already a pain after just 3 days of having the car, so I think I'm opting for factory mats.  Are the 987 and 986 mats identical - I would have thought so?

6 hours ago, Patt said:

Don't think they are the same - the pedal area is different and I think the width too

Correct! 

Ive just ordered some "OEM" quality mats for the Qashqai. OrigInal drivers mat looks tired after 13k miles in 12mths. Less than thrilled...?

Seduced by a discounted bargain, I ventured £14:39 on a pair of mats for the boxster, that match the dark side of interior for winter. 

Turns out there are bloody brilliant. Said oem quality but the aren't as soft. Super fit and grip though which for winter, really matters. 

Car looks a sight better with darker mats too. Santana ones are binward bound???

13 hours ago, Loz987 said:

Seduced by a discounted bargain, I ventured £14:39 on a pair of mats for the boxster, that match the dark side of interior for winter. 

Turns out there are bloody brilliant. Said oem quality but the aren't as soft. Super fit and grip though which for winter, really matters. 

Car looks a sight better with darker mats too. Santana ones are binward bound???

Do you have a link to the mats you bought?

Archived