What touch up paint would you recommend ?

runner

Just wondered if fellow Porsche owners have a particular recommended way of treating stone chips on their cars ?

Have read a lot about Chipex and it 'appears' a good solution for comparatively little money (£30 approx) but I've personally never tried it ... or do you just purchase from a touch up brush from OPC's in the UK ?

Cheers in advance for any advice.

Hi, I've always had good results with the OPC sets (just a DIY job), by just using the paint, it always seems a good match and good quality.

I think all these things boil down to the prep and care taken etc. That detailing world website is good to get ideas on how people tackle the chips.

I did some on my last car, thread is here:

Thanks Jayk ... I've heard good things, but always difficult to know which product to use over another ... may give this a go as it's not particularly expensive and appears if you follow the instructions to the letter ... you come out with a good job, with patience of course !

In the past I've used this company on my wife's MX5 (Highland Green - a deep metallic green), with excellent results.  It comes in many guises but for metallic paints you get a base coat and then a clear lacquer with the option of a finishing polish to help blend in the repair.  It also comes with instructions on how to use.  I've just ordered some for my Boxster (Platinum Silver) and expect the same high quality results.

http://www.carpaintrepair.co.uk/index.html

Just type in your car reg and they do the rest.

No problems with Chipex here. - also posted a 10% discount in another thread.

To add, they were shipping a "send us pics and get a free kit" flyer in their kits.  I sent them pics and got a free large kit for my other car.

8 hours ago, Graham W said:

I've just ordered some for my Boxster (Platinum Silver) and expect the same high quality results.

I have the same colour car, keep us updated as to the colour match when it drops through the door ?

Archived