What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

Today I removed the restrictor plate from the left hand vent. Didn’t go as far as removing the snorkel itself as there seems little point.

panicked that the outer vent was going to snap into 15 pieces but it came out in the end 

In reply to Sazzy - Or snap the pins off the new badge, and get some strong double sided tape cut to the rear of the badge and re-attatch it where the glue marks are. It'll bug you otherwise I'm sure but can be remedied. 

Edited by oVerboost

26 minutes ago, rowbos said:

Strange!  They should only fit in one place as far as I know.   Can you put the old one back on for now?

Or get the glue off with some solvent and polish the area up a bit...

I've got all the glue off, polished and t cut it but sadly the paint is no more! I always thought it looked like the badge sat lower than on other cars, now I know why. Nothing is ever simple with this car. ?

I've stuck the old one back on with double sided tape as the bloody pins broke off removing that one too! They are very fragile.

17 minutes ago, oVerboost said:

In reply to Sazzy - Or snap the pins off the new badge, and get some strong double sided tape cut to the rear of the badge and re-attatch it where the glue marks are. It'll bug you otherwise I'm sure but can be remedied. 

I am thinking of this but I can't stand the thought of breaking the pins off a new badge! :stun::stun:

1 minute ago, Sazzy said:

I am thinking of this but I can't stand the thought of breaking the pins off a new badge! :stun::stun:

I'd rather that personally than the visible paint damage, plus as it is be very carefully when jet washing the bonnet! ;)

7 minutes ago, oVerboost said:

I'd rather that personally than the visible paint damage, plus as it is be very carefully when jet washing the bonnet! ;)

True! 

I think someone's having a right laugh with me. :suicide_anim:

Edited by Sazzy

19 minutes ago, Sazzy said:

True! 

I think someone's having a right laugh with me. :suicide_anim:

If it's any consolation mine just had near enough a grand spent on it due to a throttle fault... the joys of these cars lol.

Went out for an early Sunday morning drive to do a photo shoot of a friend's Peugeot 206 for a feature, then decided to stop on the way home and grab one of mine with the new wheels fitted and refurbed in dark anthracite... 

Scrubs up well for an 18 year old car! 

41811281974_c809153a6a_b.jpg

Edited by oVerboost
  • Like 3

Got up nice n early and did a 2 bucket wash with Megs gold class, wheels cleaned with Megs wheel cleaner, then clay bar'd with a Megs clay bar kit, then washed again. Dried off and polished with AG SRP, waxed with Megs carnuba wax (the one that smells like foam bananas). Tyres treated and exhaust cleaned. 

Looking forward to a drive later :) 

3 hours ago, oVerboost said:

Went out for an early Sunday morning drive to do a photo shoot of a friend's Peugeot 206 for a feature, then decided to stop on the way home and grab one of mine with the new wheels fitted and refurbed in dark anthracite... 

Scrubs up well for an 18 year old car! 

41811281974_c809153a6a_b.jpg

This looks fantastic!

Can I ask what wheel, tyre and spacers (if any) sizes you are running, it just looks 'right'.

Thank you.

AaS

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:23 PM, S14 said:

Just a follow-up to my last post.

The air-con was re-gassed today, and so far all seems good.

So it’s top down and air-con on?

LOL some just don't understand how nice it is to have a cool breeze round your feet while the top half bakes in the sun.

4 hours ago, allatsea said:

This looks fantastic!

Can I ask what wheel, tyre and spacers (if any) sizes you are running, it just looks 'right'.

Thank you.

AaS

Thank you :)

Wheels are 911 Carrera 2 lightweight wheels 8x18 ET50 fronts and 10x18 rears ET65 (18mm rear spacers fitted to clear shock/caliper).

Edited by oVerboost

Gave my 986 a pre Le Mans clean over the weekend lots of Dodo Juice products used. It has taken a while and a lot of spending but this car now drives beautifully. Big praise to Chris at Center Gravity who did an amazing job on the geometry and suspension component refresh, the car is pin sharp with no noises from the suspension at all. 

Doesn't look bad for a 17 Year Old Car. 

7DF92A1E-2953-4AB1-B0B0-F441D30BA568.thumb.jpg.a1e87077cbe659c17378771c00379a8d.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cooks said:

Nick - did you remove the number plate mount on the front? I have a smaller 5 digit plate and want to install on the bumper without the mount. 

Did you just use the holes for the player holder screws? 

I timed down the original plate holder, my front plate is 229 x 75mm which works perfectly. 

Ordered my plate from wwwplatesforcars.co.uk 

Nick 

@Cooks you can remove the plinth and just mount the number plate using the holes left from the plinth on the bumper through the plate.  I just measured it all out and then had a standard height but reduced width plate made up.  I drilled the holes towards the top edge as you can see

e4pPRtT.jpg

Edited by Saxosim

On 6/5/2018 at 9:06 PM, Saxosim said:

@Cooks you can remove the plinth and just mount the number plate using the holes left from the plinth on the bumper through the plate.  I just measured it all out and then had a standard height but reduced width plate made up.  I drilled the holes towards the top edge as you can see

e4pPRtT.jpg

That's great! Will get that sorted this weekend. 

10 hours ago, Schecter said:

Just completed the roof relay mod, it's great being able to operate the roof in slow traffic!

I'm having a go at the one touch mod next

I’m making a bunch of those at the moment. If you want any help.