What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

On 14/04/2018 at 9:18 PM, Sazzy said:

Drove around all afternoon with the roof down in the sun, dry roads and some bits with no other traffic! Swung by an ATS and booked it in for an air con regas next Saturday. 

Soothsayer! 

On 15/04/2018 at 7:49 AM, JohnnyUK said:

Wow... Are you forecasting a hot summer then?! ? ?☺ 

1 hour ago, LordGrover said:

Soothsayer! 

Yes ! You can all thank me :)

Although we haven't had it as scorching as some of you, hottest I've seen so far was 22c yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Topbox said:

Meet tony_zx9R for lunch with our partners at the Hit & Miss, Penn Street, nr Amersham, Bucks. We did drive there with the hoods down- honest ?

WLACqn8.jpg

And home again, it was smashing ?

Thanks Bob, nice lunch

• Like 1

Technically last night, but I forgot to post, but I changed the oil temp and level sensor as the temp side wasn't working. Not easy to access as you have to undo the intake manifold above it but is possible. Now have working oil temp :-)

Again, technically last night, snow foam, double bucket wash and another layer of wax to clear off the early spring road muck and prepare for better weather. Autoglymed the leather too and really impressed by how well it came up. Fluids and pressures checked and all glass polished so now off for an enthusiastic hood down blast before the Lycra roadblocks clog up the Surrey Hills.

Enjoy the sun all!!!!

44 minutes ago, Sazzy said:

Not having a good day, picked up an extra dent in the bootlid courtesey of my di****** brother and a tennis ball. FUMING :vmad::vmad:

I hope you made an similarly-sized dent in him, with the same ball?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

I hope you made an similarly-sized dent in him, with the same ball?

I'd like to make a dent in him with something more than a tennis ball but he's 6'3 and he'd batter me. Sorry goes a long way but he couldn't even do that. :cry:

• Sad 1

Today I removed my newly painted front bumper, and added some black mesh behind the grilles. Looks so much better. I also cleaned out the crud from the rads, which are fortunately in excellent condition. 

Car was then washed and dried then put away ready for me to give it a layer of Jetseal 109 B)

2 hours ago, Sazzy said:

I'd like to make a dent in him with something more than a tennis ball but he's 6'3 and he'd batter me. Sorry goes a long way but he couldn't even do that. :cry:

Family!   How did he dent the car with a tennis ball?  Will he not get this sorted for you?

7 minutes ago, rowbos said:

Family!   How did he dent the car with a tennis ball?  Will he not get this sorted for you?

Throwing it for the dogs... No he's a selfish you know what and just shrugged and walked off...

Just removed the headlight  switch after it becoming temperamental this winter - taking a few turns to fire up the lights.  Rather than straight out replace it I remembered reading somewhere that some contact cleaner sprayed in might help, so I've tried that, and cleaned the external contacts a bit, and I'm happy to report it is working perfectly!  I followed this guide: https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Boxster_Tech/87-ELEC-Headlamp_Switch/87-ELEC-Headlamp_Switch.htm 

Will see how long my free fix lasts...

Just need to replace an LED for the sidelight in my lovely @jimbob2911 HID modified lights.

Edited by Andy Clare

21 hours ago, Sazzy said:

Not having a good day, picked up an extra dent in the bootlid courtesey of my di****** brother and a tennis ball. FUMING :vmad::vmad:

So long as it's just a dent and paint is okay should be cheap and easy fix. Probably too far for you but I've used DentPusher in the past with superb results. He comes to me at work - depending on damage normally £40-50 per dent. Very nice bloke too, Steve. You should be able to find someone as good locally.

Send a copy of the invoice to your brother as a nice little keepsake.

Clay bar and coat of wax today, just to make it easier to wash for the moment. With more time I'd give it a proper polish too, maybe later in the year.

I wasn't initially impressed with how the hood had cleaned up yesterday, but it looks loads better today.

2 hours ago, LordGrover said:

So long as it's just a dent and paint is okay should be cheap and easy fix. Probably too far for you but I've used DentPusher in the past with superb results. He comes to me at work - depending on damage normally £40-50 per dent. Very nice bloke too, Steve. You should be able to find someone as good locally.

Send a copy of the invoice to your brother as a nice little keepsake.

Thanks, he looks good, shame he doesn't cover this area.

Got up early and detailed the car... Wash, clay bar, de-tar, machine polish (2 stage 3M Green and Blue), Polished and sealed and waxed. Looking pretty good for an 18 year old car! 

Not had it long, and it needed a lot of work, but really pleased with the outcome. Took it for a drive this evening and loved every minute of it, roof down, sunshine, birds singing and winding country roads. Not sure there's a better way to end a weekend! Here's a few photo's I took along the way... 

41629898481_4d0fd73b3c_b.jpg

39821919740_506f9f09e0_b.jpg

26761791667_cb8fd27afb_b.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oVerboost said:

Got up early and detailed the car... Wash, clay bar, de-tar, machine polish (2 stage 3M Green and Blue), Polished and sealed and waxed. Looking pretty good for an 18 year old car! 

Not had it long, and it needed a lot of work, but really pleased with the outcome. Took it for a drive this evening and loved every minute of it, roof down, sunshine, birds singing and winding country roads. Not sure there's a better way to end a weekend! Here's a few photo's I took along the way... 

41629898481_4d0fd73b3c_b.jpg

39821919740_506f9f09e0_b.jpg

26761791667_cb8fd27afb_b.jpg

Excellent job and great photos!

• Like 1