Grrr help!!!

Ampaul

So, some of you will be aware of my disaster of a Euro trip, well it gets better....

The car took an age to get back from France but it finally arrived at addspeed with the pipe that was sent out to France ready to be fixed, yey! 

Upon further inspection it did need a new steering rack (just under 2k plus VAT) so I opted for the refurbed option. 

Car all fixed and put together but then the first time they put it on full lock the new pipe splits leaking hydrolic fluid everywhere. Have ordered a new one but there aren't any, just got off the phone to Porsche reading and they aren't even making them in Germany so I'll have to wait until at least the new year!! 

Fecking car

It's a hydraulic pipe.  Have a word with the likes of Hydrahose and Pirtek, who make this sort of thing all the time for JCBs and other plant to see if they can fabricate you one.

As stated above there are many hose manufacturers who will produce replacement hoses locally. They will need to have info on the couplings, application and length.

I am lucky I have an outlet just down the road and have had a number of hose sections made up on my old Z4.

Failing that, I had a motorcycle shop weld up a leaking aircon pipe once, as they are often expert at aluminium welding.

Due to work being crazy I don't have the time to go and get the pipe from cotswolds, plus the cost of dropping everything out etc I think I'm just going to wait for the new one and sorn the car as it wouldn't be getting much use this time of year anyway. 

Once done due to impending moving house the car will be for sale. I would even sell it now if anyone's interested? All labour and parts used up to date are already paid for, the buyer would just need to be patient! 

Priorities wrong, bigger house plus bigger garage plus new car :D 

Where are you moving too? The stamp duty and fees must be killing you paying 2 lots so close together!

44 minutes ago, edc said:

Priorities wrong, bigger house plus bigger garage plus new car :D 

Where are you moving too? The stamp duty and fees must be killing you paying 2 lots so close together!

I'll need new workshop soon either way so having it at home will save 6-700 a month plus my youngest is going to live with us and be my apprentice so we'll need more space. The place we've put an offer on has no garage!  If it all works out its in Horley.  Give it a couple of years and I'll have a newer Porsche on the drive (fingers crossed) 

• 5 months later...

The car is fixed! Not sure how many days it has been but it broke on 29th August in France! New pipe arrived and fixed to car and all working fine. There was a new fault with the air bag though and a new control unit was needed (£££), but that has been replaced and is being programmed by Porsche at this moment. As I'm away at the end of the month Addspeed are going to hold on to the car until I get back and decide if I'm selling or keeping it. They've been great, looked after it and kept it clean while it was unusable and aren't being pushy to get it off their hands at all now it's done. A minor service, new plugs and brake fluid will be done while I'm deciding it's fate! :blink:

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

9 MONTHS!

I don't know how you didn't chew your arm off, or go postal!

Yep, managed to sell and buy a house in that time! Could've had a kid, luckily didn't. 

On 18 May 2017 at 4:47 PM, Ampaul said:

............Addspeed are going to hold on to the car until I get back and decide if I'm selling or keeping it. They've been great, looked after it and kept it clean while it was unusable and aren't being pushy to get it off their hands at all now it's done. A minor service, new plugs and brake fluid will be done while I'm deciding it's fate! :blink:

Will be keeping an interested eye on what you decide to do 

On 14.11.2016 at 3:44 PM, Ampaul said:

So, some of you will be aware of my disaster of a Euro trip, well it gets better....

The car took an age to get back from France but it finally arrived at addspeed with the pipe that was sent out to France ready to be fixed, yey! 

Upon further inspection it did need a new steering rack (just under 2k plus VAT) so I opted for the refurbed option. 

Car all fixed and put together but then the first time they put it on full lock the new pipe splits leaking hydrolic fluid everywhere. Have ordered a new one but there aren't any, just got off the phone to Porsche reading and they aren't even making them in Germany so I'll have to wait until at least the new year!! 

Fecking car

Please PM me the part number(s), i will call the factory and ask the German Porsche forum www.pff.de 

I might break a "S" and a 2.5 soon. What's your model?  

Q: care to add a link to your trip report? (I ended up having to drive my stranded 944 all the way from Europort near Rotterdam to Germany on a privately organised trailer. The ADAC's insurance let me down)

Archived