My new steering wheel

Cossie Si

9 hours ago, pipsqueak said:

Perforated sides, smooth top and bottom and slightly more padding

Going on the choice of background and text accompanying the photo this is clearly a man passionate about what his hands touch :thumbsup_anim:

Took my mates some time to notice too ?

19 hours ago, pipsqueak said:

Perforated sides, smooth top and bottom and slightly more padding

Going on the choice of background and text accompanying the photo this is clearly a man passionate about what his hands touch :thumbsup_anim:

And his knees?

22 hours ago, Cossie Si said:

IMAG1431_zpsm6zpqsxh.jpg This arrived today, can't wait to get it fitted. Perforated sides, smooth top and bottom and slightly more padding. Red stitch and top centre band. Exchange from Royal. I have one of their's on my X5. Great workmanship.

I really like this... is it made specifically for Porsches as I see the airbag fits nicely, where did it come from

17 minutes ago, Mike G said:

I really like this... is it made specifically for Porsches as I see the airbag fits nicely, where did it come from

It is a Porsche Wheel. Order on an exchange basis from Royal Steering wheels. There's a gallery on their website, giving an idea what's available!

47 minutes ago, Cossie Si said:

It is a Porsche Wheel. Order on an exchange basis from Royal Steering wheels. There's a gallery on their website, giving an idea what's available!

Can I ask what sort of money for an exchange wheel as I can't see the prices on there site

I would want a black one too but the trouble is I have a graphite grey airbag

10 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Can I ask what sort of money for an exchange wheel as I can't see the prices on there site

I would want a black one too but the trouble is I have a graphite grey airbag

£140 inc del. £150 dep on refunded on return of your wheel. Cost's under £4 to return 2nd class recorded. Easily worth every penny. Remember to "spec slightly thicker"  Plenty of second hand airbags available from breakers. I've used Douglas valley lot's of time with no problems! 

6 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Instruments, stitching, console - that's a lot of red!

That's not a lot of red, THIS is a lot of red (in a good way :D) ...

On 11/18/2016 at 9:35 AM, boxsternoob56 said:

boxsters-4.jpg

Looks good but I would get the airbag part done too. The shinier airbag looks a little incongruous with the matte wheel. 

you could have the airbag part painted to match the wheel wont cost much some.body shops ,valaters trimmers ect have the interior paint systems with texturisers ect to perfectly match most interior finishes

12 hours ago, beerbelly said:

you could have the airbag part painted to match the wheel wont cost much some.body shops ,valaters trimmers ect have the interior paint systems with texturisers ect to perfectly match most interior finishes

I'd just wiped over with a silk drying vinyl cleaner and it hadn't dryed properly. Looks fine, in the flesh. I've painted plastics before, with vinyl paint. Easy really, just need to prep properly. It seems to sink into the plastic, rather than sit on it, so you keep the patina.It doesn't chip either, you need celly to remove it. 

Archived