Condensation !

Spinjim

I've been suffering from the windows steaming up too.

I think with mine there are a few possible causes.

The main one I think was that I cleaned the hood late one afternoon and it took days to dry!

Also I had a look at the drain holes the other day and the clamshell was pretty green and full of dead leaves. I have ordered a trombone cleaner to clear the pipes but I did vac and clean the clamshell out.

The is the tiniest bit of moisture behind the passenger seat but the door cards are dry. So I wet vacced the carpet bought one of those dehumidifier bags for on the dashboard and made some of Patts sock bombs for in the frunk and boot?

It does seem 100% better today although it's not been overly cold today.

Behold a Christmas miracle!!

683FDA4F-3251-4592-9A80-44D1EF8D29F9.jpg

found this on amazon prime for about. Tenner in the sale. It given that can't even SEE my windscreen with it working so well, I'm gonna say this was a good find. 

It has a cable to that you plug in to the mains to recharge it when the indicator says it's too moist (who knew that could be a problem??) 

On 19/12/2016 at 10:43 PM, Lonewolfgjp said:

The is the tiniest bit of moisture behind the passenger seat but the door cards are dry. 

Make sure your RSG is fitted correctly

Well thought i had sorted it 

I dried out the carpet behind the seat (drivers) and cleared the drainage holes, i left a couple of microfibre cloths under the carpet to soak up and more liquid. I checked today and wet through. Anyone any ideas. 

Car now has cover on it !

Jim

7 hours ago, Loz987 said:

Behold a Christmas miracle!!

683FDA4F-3251-4592-9A80-44D1EF8D29F9.jpg

found this on amazon prime for about. Tenner in the sale. It given that can't even SEE my windscreen with it working so well, I'm gonna say this was a good find. 

It has a cable to that you plug in to the mains to recharge it when the indicator says it's too moist (who knew that could be a problem??) 

6 hours ago, Gutley said:

I assume it's this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015FZAC2A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_XtJwyb7WTBD0C

Looks good Loz. Keep us updated how well it lasts between 'recharges'. 

We've been using similar on the cars which don't move much, for years.  They work very well.  My only criticism is that they get rather hot when recharging, so we always do that when there's someone around to keep an eye on them.

Finally had chance today to have a play with the car and check all the drain holes were clear.

In General they were all clear except one on the edge of the passenger clamshell.

Now being as I found a tiny bit of water behind the passenger seat, I'm hoping this is the cause.

I cleaned all drains with the trombone cleaner then blew compressed air through them and then finally I ran some hot water through them. All clear ?

Hopefully this is the end of the moisture behind the passenger seat and maybe this may also help with the condensation?

7 hours ago, Spinjim said:

Well thought i had sorted it 

I dried out the carpet behind the seat (drivers) and cleared the drainage holes, i left a couple of microfibre cloths under the carpet to soak up and more liquid. I checked today and wet through. Anyone any ideas. 

Car now has cover on it !

Jim

If the carpet was soaking as you say then superficially drying the fluffy carpet is a fraction of the moisture gone. Behind the carpet is a very thick dense foam which will absorb ten times more water than the carpet on top itself. The only way to dry this out especially at this time of year is remove the seats and carpet.

But you need to check for the source of the leak.

33 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Finally had chance today to have a play with the car and check all the drain holes were clear.

In General they were all clear except one on the edge of the passenger clamshell.

Now being as I found a tiny bit of water behind the passenger seat, I'm hoping this is the cause.

Did you also check the link I gave above?

Car gone to local garage for window regulator to be replaced today ? 

I told them of the problems with water ingress and what to look out for, hopefully this should sort the problem. 

Jim 

Archived