Seat & door card removal

big mike

12 minutes ago, big mike said:

I did try search but not the best at using it,

I'm going to clean carpet etc next weekend and thought I would remove seats etc to do the job better and also recolour them aswell,

Any pointers 

I'm 99% sure I've covered this in my project thread (removing seats and carpet)

Seats are easy to remove. Take the 4 plastic covers off the front of the seat runners and there are 2 x 10mm bolts at the front and then slide the seat forward and remove the 2 x 10mm bolts from the rear seat runners.

Be careful when you tilt the seat as there will be a plug that operates the heated seats/electric seat movement that has a plastic slider that you move to release the plug from the seat. 

Also, do NOT turn the ignition on once the seat is unplugged, or you will trigger the airbag light, which has to be reset with a PIWIS or similar.

24 minutes ago, big mike said:

Does this go for door card removal aswell?

No, as long as you're not disconnecting the airbag or anything.   Shouldn't be a need to turn the ignition on anyway - you can move the windows up and down even with the ignition off.

1 hour ago, big mike said:

Does this go for door card removal aswell?

I've never removed one, but as they have airbags in them, probably.  Any time you don't have all of the airbags plugged in....

Link to Pelican parts guide if it helps & its worth buying their 101 Projects for your Porsche Boxster as its got lots of useful stuff like this in there for around £20.

Boxster 986 Door Card Removal

• 1 month later...

There's little difference between the cars apart from the shape of the parts, so I wouldn't let that put you off. :)

Archived