981 Road Height

718as

No, it isn't adjustable.  Standard suspension is the highest, PASM is I think 10mm lower and the sports suspension (x73) is 20mm lower.  Differing wheel sizes are compensated by different tyre profiles so the wheel diameter stays the same.

48 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Suprised how good the ride is on 20's with PASM

This.

i still can't believe how good the ride is on 20s with PASM.  Before the Boxster I had 'sporty' mondeos and Octavias. The ride in the Boxster on 20" 35 profile tyres is better than either of these with 18" 45 profiles. (This isn't all due to PASM)

Coming from a Z4 (E85) originally all the Boxsters I have owned feel like you are riding on a cushion of air :chuckle:

Joking apart the ride in the 981 is exceptional for such a capable sport focussed car

+2. I don't have PASM on my 981, and having had 17" on both my 986s, I thought 20" would be much too firm but it's fine, the suspension is obviously completely different to the 986 (I can't compare with a 987).

5 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

+2. I don't have PASM on my 981, and having had 17" on both my 986s, I thought 20" would be much too firm but it's fine, the suspension is obviously completely different to the 986 (I can't compare with a 987).

The 981 was engineered for 20" wheels.

I have 20" wheels and PASM and I have to confess, the ride is superb ... in fairness, whether on or off ... they have an exemplary chassis on these things, so responsive on one hand but genuinely comfortable on the other !  The above posters are spot on ... 20mm lowered for sports suspension, PASM 10mm ... I tried a 20mm one prior to purchase and even that wasn't too harder a suspension ride even on bumpy roads.

I have it on the Cayenne with 21" wheels and I really can't tell the difference if its on standard, Sport or Comfort setting (there are 3 settings on the Cayenne)

The car runs similarly on the winter 20's too...no discernible difference which makes me think its doing a very adaptive job all the time...

I remember driving a 987 Cayman back in 2007 and it was easily apparent from the stiffer ride when in 'Sport' mode

If I ever had a 987 again on 19's (which were a tad on the harsh side) I would have it (to help soften the ride) but not anything smaller (wheelwise)

Archived