Anyone know this car/owner?

TV8

Hi there,

i have been trying, without success, to reach the owner of this car via the contact details on the advert. Does anyone know the owner please?

if they do, is the car still for sale and can they ask the owner to contact me via here or help facilitate me speaking with them?

thanks in advance

Graham

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/boxster-986-96-04/porsche-boxster-24v-s------------------2003/5910564

It's none of the forum members on the map (thanks @Gutley) as none of them have a 3.2 986 apart from the 550 that sniktaw has.

I'm local, if you get hold of the owner I can go along with you for a look, and the telephone number is an old Orange one, so probably one that the owner has kept. :)

Good luck.

I'm also sure this was car was for sale within the last year or so, as I remember the 279.3 bhp in the advert. It was around the time of Feb last year when I was looking for an S, before I bought mine.

1 hour ago, mike597 said:

Strongly suspect it's the car referenced in this thread:

It does look like it but the owner is in a different location  I have sent a message and will let you know how it goes! 

Thanks  

1 hour ago, mike597 said:

I definitely remember this car before, I have checked back on PCGB for sale section and can't find it, what I remember is that the car was advertised, I remember the 279.3 bhp & the Hayward & Scott exhaust as at that time I had never heard of them! There was also some discussion about a poor advert something to with the mileage going up, not the same as the images in the ad. The photos in the current ad show the car on 2 number plates, the photo on the campsite show the car on a --63 BXY plate as well as the private plate. 

This was for sale at least all the way back to august 2015 as it was one I was going to look at but tbh the guys answers to any questions were pretty much "all details are in the advert,  just come & look at it"  which was fine apart from the little issue of a 500 mile round trip.  He wasn't very forthcoming shall we say so I never bothered.  All the pics at the time were done in the seaside car park.  Seems odd that what looks like a good car on paper has been for sale for so long. 

6 hours ago, motosparkz said:

This was for sale at least all the way back to august 2015 as it was one I was going to look at but tbh the guys answers to any questions were pretty much "all details are in the advert,  just come & look at it"  which was fine apart from the little issue of a 500 mile round trip.  He wasn't very forthcoming shall we say so I never bothered.  All the pics at the time were done in the seaside car park.  Seems odd that what looks like a good car on paper has been for sale for so long. 

That was Billzeebub then.  I remember the tone of the advert.  It was always the case of "If I don't sell it this weekend, then I'll keep it a while."

Wasn't the thread deleted because he was advised to get a new MOT on the car so he did, and then put the price up by a couple of hundred quid?

Right colour for his from November too - which is a rare colour.

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Yarp,

Just had a look through a few old emails, was deffo his ( Billzeebub ) On paper it looked sweet though. Back at the original start price when I first saw it too :-) Think it climbed to £7750 when it was on here before it got removed

Thanks fellas! I messaged the guy from the rolling road post and he sent me a nice text this morning saying who has the car now and it is indeed Billzeebub. I will keep trying and I hope he is ok, assuming there has to be a reason why you wouldn't respond to someone who wants to buy what you are trying to sell! 

Obviously, if anyone knows Billzeebub, please let him know that someone here wants to speak with him. 

I'm sure he is @TV8.  My impression was that selling cars wasn't a high priority and that he would rather take it off sale and get on with his life rather than sitting around waiting for people to not turn up and view.

Refreshing in a strange way to see that the seller doesn't seem interested in selling & wastes people's time rather than the other way round!

Surely if you want to sell a car, you would respond to any messages left about it?? Wierd!

Archived