Help convince me to use the car!

Rav

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is daily driven and left outside with a cabrio cover on. It gets squirrelly in the cold and wet but I take it easy and it's usually OK. 

Only one bad experience in four winters of driving it, and that was down to coming off a roundabout too fast in the wet. I lost the back end and busted a suspension arm against the kerb. 

My only problem with it is other drivers. Their headlights are setup too bright and right at my eye level. Plus my own lights aren't really that bright anymore. 

3 hours ago, ooid said:

Ice driving in Canada, great videos and boxsters in action :smoke2:

I'm looking into this in Sweden/Finland - will be in something cheaper than a Boxster though :( 

1 minute ago, Menoporsche said:

I'm looking into this in Sweden/Finland - will be in something cheaper than a Boxster though :( 

Hire cars can be fun ;-)

They're not built to be kept under cotton wool.

https://driveonblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/04/road-kings-to-garage-queens/

That's an article I wrote about this very thing - give it a read, it may actually make you think twice about babying a performance car.

Mine is a daily too. It gets driven every day and sits outside every night, but if you were to see it, you'd think it has 10,000 on the clock. It's in fact got almost ten times that. 

The cold isn't going to hurt. Nor is rain, snow, hail, heat, or 300,000+ miles for that matter. There's countless people with 986/996's with well over 300,000 on their cars with original engine parts (yes that includes the IMS too), there's even a video of one example with over 200,000 on it, which has pulled identical BHP figures on a dyno to what it had when new. If you don't drive these cars, parts don't get lubricated and problems start.

So do the car a favour and drive the damn thing! 

Archived