Advice on Colour

Kevan

14 minutes ago, MIkeyv60 said:

It doesn't arrive until second week in March, at least it is on the production line now. I will just squeeze in before the VED change.

Good timing! Look forward to seeing it anyway. 718 is gorgeous looking car :)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, topradio said:

And I discounted anything he had to say after he said that the spoiler switch was for adjusting the ride height @6.52

:laugh: Thank-you for saving me 6.52 minutes of BS.

I have to say, my last 986 was Cobalt Blue and I got Sapphire this time; much brighter when they're side by side.

On the new solid colours offered by Porsche - lava orange and miami blue and the like, they look great in photos and in the lovely sunshine in Portugal and on the web. In cloudy and dreary NI (and probably the UK too), they look like that jacket you bought when on holidays that looked great in the Mediterranean light but just looks cr*p in the UK. Plus they're a grand more expensive than even metallic colours.

Not for me, I regret to say.

1 hour ago, Happy Days said:

lava orange and miami blue and the like, they look great in photos and in the lovely sunshine in Portugal and on the web. In cloudy and dreary NI (and probably the UK too), they look like that jacket you bought when on holidays that looked great in the Mediterranean light but just looks cr*p in the UK.

:laugh: Guilty!

More seriously, I don't think that's entirely true - you'll see a copy of mine (well, he got his first) driving around Bucks/Berks every now and then, and we know of this blue model up near Edinburgh...

Boxster%20Gen%202%20002_zps8wr3ofuz.jpg

38 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

:laugh: Guilty!

More seriously, I don't think that's entirely true - you'll see a copy of mine (well, he got his first) driving around Bucks/Berks every now and then, and we know of this blue model up near Edinburgh...

Boxster%20Gen%202%20002_zps8wr3ofuz.jpg

Erm, I don't tend to be in Bucks that often... There's this wee stretch of water in the way... :-)

On 07/02/2017 at 9:50 PM, Leonard said:

You were both only supposed to watch the first 10 seconds :D Sorry for not making that clear :lol:

A really good view of the car is at 40secs in. A nice colour, but I agree with the point that these colours can look less marvellous on a grey UK day. When I was looking I loved the Lava Orange in the press pics/video. I asked to see one at Reading OPC and they happened to have a customer's car, just arrived, in the holding area. Seeing it was something of a disappointment. Mind you it had black wheels, and I'm really not a fan, so it might have changed my whole perception.

• 1 month later...
On 04/02/2017 at 7:03 PM, Kevan said:

It is the 964 RS colour, special paint order, they think it is the only 718 in the country this colour.

New to the forum...

It's not the only Mint Green 718...well maybe Boxster it is...I have seen a 718 Cayman in that colour in an OPC showroom.

We've just ordered a Paint to Sample 718 Boxster for my wife in Ruby Star...which is also a 964 colour like Mint Green although it was then known as Ruby Stone. Pic below is not her car....that's on order.

Not everyone's choice but my wife loves it!

Ruby%20Star%20Boxster_zpsvnm9ljlw.jpg

Welcome Cheib and for a first post that colour is a statement plus. As you state, not to everyone's taste, but if it's what the other half wants who are we to argue.

Suggest you start a new thread introducing yourselves with details of the 718 plus of course pics of your 997GTS, a lovely car?

We had an issue with my wife's and had to call into the main dealers, guess what was still in the window? Yep, the mint green one!

The Ruby Star will attract attention.

When I was in Dubai I saw a 911 in the mint.

On 14/02/2017 at 10:24 AM, Kevan said:

I am off to the sun tomorrow.... I hope.... let's see what car shopping brings there if I am lucky. However, the customer is very fickle!

The white F Type behind was my daughter's new purchase. Covered in an earlier post.

Love that TurboS colour 

On 04/04/2017 at 11:29 PM, Kevan said:

We had an issue with my wife's and had to call into the main dealers, guess what was still in the window? Yep, the mint green one!

The Ruby Star will attract attention.

When I was in Dubai I saw a 911 in the mint.

Do you mean attract attention in a good or bad way ?!?!

I think it's okay...Mrs Cheib loves the colour and I wouldn't have let her go for it if I thought it would have been a disaster if we ever came to sell.

2 hours ago, Cheib said:

Do you mean attract attention in a good or bad way ?!?!

I think it's okay...Mrs Cheib loves the colour and I wouldn't have let her go for it if I thought it would have been a disaster if we ever came to sell.

I would think that you will return to the car with an audience around it. Ooo and ahhhs, the odd "I would never have bought it in that colour" from those that could not buy one anyway! 

It is a statement. Perhaps more for your wife and someone else wife will want it when you go to sell.

Archived