Seat belt rattle

Boxstercol

Ok, so hardly a massive problem in the grand scheme of things..... but its driving me nuts!

987 with sports seats & whenever I'm out in the car alone, the seat belt rattles & is properly annoying. The rattle comes from near where the leather strap is that locates the belt over the 'wings' of the seat, near the shoulder area. I've tried plugging it in but then then it rubs on the bottom end of the seat & squeeks!

I've tried cleaning the leather but doesnt change a thing. Anyone got any advice before I do the unspeakable & buy a set of seat belt pads to stop it??

Cheers

I don't know if its the same problem that the 981 has, but on mine the metal buckle rattles against the hard back of the seat when there is no passenger in the car. My fix is to lean over and hook the belt over the bolster of the seat, it stays there and no more annoying rattle. 

similar issue in that the buckle rattles against the hole in the seat.  I've fitted some cheap harness pads to hold the connector away from the seat.

Although I tell the ladies its so the belt doesn't cut into their shoulders as the sears are so low  :-D

14 hours ago, Daniel Joseph said:

I've exactly the same issue.  @boxsternoob56's fix also works, but only until the belt is used again.  My other fix is to put the top down and turn the music up (as I don't have PSE ?).

ditto but I just lean over and repeat...no issues to do that every month (or so) that I happen to have a passenger :) 

Archived