Accident in car park at work,

Stark

20h1s8p.jpg

So at work car park this morning, I ran over a water drain grate which wasn't secured down and it flipped up and wedged itself up my front end and pierced the air con unit too.

Ok so it's my employers, what do I do...

1. Let them pay after I give them a quote 

2. Go through my insurance and let them settle

3. Use third party expensive insurance recovery form, as my company have admitted liability as many of these drains are not secure.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Option 1, IMO.

Good luck and hope it gets sorted with the minimum fuss/inconvenience.

Cheers, Baggers.

Unlucky, must have been really annoying.

Definitely 1, you do not want to get your insurance company involved in this or an accident management company, this will just complicate matters and potentially raise your insurance premiums. As your employer appears to be playing fair, meet them halfway to keep the costs down.

Well my employer just came to see me and they want to settle it direct and have nobody else involved. It's with Porsche now. Do you think I can ask them to 'add' my rear bumper work into their quote? I'd like them to.

Also as the front bumper is being replaced and painted, they will blend into the bonnet and sides but the bonnet has some stone chips, so do you think that could be sorted too?

thanks guys 

26 minutes ago, Stark said:

Well my employer just came to see me and they want to settle it direct and have nobody else involved. It's with Porsche now. Do you think I can ask them to 'add' my rear bumper work into their quote? I'd like them to.

Also as the front bumper is being replaced and painted, they will blend into the bonnet and sides but the bonnet has some stone chips, so do you think that could be sorted too?

thanks guys 

There's no reason why you can't add to the work that Porsche are doing provided you don't expect your employer to pick up the bill! If the car is going into the body shop it makes sense to have it all done in one go.

1 hour ago, Stark said:

thanks guys 

Have a chat with the body shop about the stone chips on the bonnet to make sure they'll get covered in the respray, I think they would anyway as it would look odd otherwise. Rear bumper is a bit of a stretch, but maybe just pay the extra for this work. What's wrong with the rear bumper? If it's just paint needed and no real prep, then adding it shouldn't be so expensive.

Of course the bodywork bill is likely to be higher than necessary as Porsche will take a nice margin on it while subbing to a body shop most likely. Why not get the quote from Porsche and then get the bodywork done direct with a good body shop and they will probably be able to paint the rear bumper as well for the price Porsche quoted for just the front.

Costs in - £5000. Includes whole front respray and sides, two new tyres, new bumper and grills, alignment, air con unit etc etc

Two new tyres was nice. Was had a bulge which they thought might have been caused but not sure how. And they only change pairs.

Happy man :)

They have already agreed to pay direct without insurers. And are going to hire me a car direct for 2 weeks too.

Did you know that Porsche only have 7 approved body shops in the UK and only 1 inside the M25.

I think you may be stretching your luck a little. Your employer owes you a new bumper, grill,an air con unit and associated parts the rest is for your own account, or am I missing something?

how are tyres down to your employers? or the valves etc?

is there not a danger that your employers are going to feel they are being exploited?

They seem to have been v fair in saying they will pay , but I guess they will take a 'view' on repair and estimates?

Just now, Seagull Fan said:

how are tyres down to your employers? or the valves etc?

is there not a danger that your employers are going to feel they are being exploited?

They seem to have been v fair in saying they will pay , but I guess they will take a 'view' on repair and estimates?

Agree looks like 2000 quid worth of work to me tops. Nice you are getting it all done but it is your employer not some faceless insurance company..

TBH the AA Prestige guy said, along with the regular AA guy, when they pulled the iron out, that it had damaged the inside of the tyre. Although I didn't see it. And then bodyshop said they can only change in pairs - that's the only questionable part - so where do you get £2000 tops from? 

Fair enough if it has actually damaged the tyre (but personally I would only expect to be paid out for one) £2k is bumper, condenser and paint. Id talk to your employer say its come out at more than you were expecting and see what they they. I would want to be sure they didnt feel like they were being exploited in anyway (not that im saying they are, just their perception) Sucks anyway so hope you get it sorted ok in end.

Archived