Ordering my Boxster

Jonny A

7 hours ago, Mike Cad said:

My Cayman S leaves the factory on the 12th, don't remember how long it takes after that.

Mine arrived in 1 week after it left the factory took delivery a week later , i bet you cant wait now? Its been a long wait for you? You will love it just gets better and better:D

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come a week later, was that just the dealer with the PDI, or were you otherwise busy? :) I ordered at Xmas so it has been a fair wait, considering I was first on the list for one. First new car in over 5 years, bye bye 981 Boxster S. 1 week doesn't sound bad, I'd be happy with that although I imagine the shipping schedule isn't a daily thing. I remember tracking the ship the last time around. Hope to do that again.

3 hours ago, Mike Cad said:

How come a week later, was that just the dealer with the PDI, or were you otherwise busy? :) I ordered at Xmas so it has been a fair wait, considering I was first on the list for one. First new car in over 5 years, bye bye 981 Boxster S. 1 week doesn't sound bad, I'd be happy with that although I imagine the shipping schedule isn't a daily thing. I remember tracking the ship the last time around. Hope to do that again.

I remember trying to do the same, second guessing which ship...it took almost 3 weeks for mine to get from the factory into my hands...

6 hours ago, Mike Cad said:

My car was built on 26 April and I picked it up 17 May. I could probably have picked it up a few days before. From past experience I think that's an average sort  of wait after the car is built.

The two waiting periods are for the car to be loaded on the ship, ie how long it spends on the dock, and the amount of time its at Sheerness before its shipped to the dealer.

Oops..nearly forgot....enjoy the car! It will be worth the wait!!

9 hours ago, Mike Cad said:

I was busy with a bit of traveling and also no one around to take me to collect it at the weekend.A week from the factory seemed quite quick as they allow 2 weeks. I was beginning to get a bit pushy though as i wanted it registered before  April the 1st and i had been waiting since June.

I am so pleased with it :D , the weathers been great and its just so quick as soon as you plant that right foot. You will love it :D

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:49 AM, Mike Cad said:

Do they not get shipped to Grimsby now for us northerners?

I thought they all came to Sheerness Mike but not sure

However the dealer gets updates on the transit so they should be able to tell you where it is and its ETA to them.

10 hours ago, Mike Cad said:

It's on its way to Emden.... woohoo :)

About a week to get to your OPC then, allow a few days after that and you should be taking delivery!  Enjoy the experience!

So latest update. It's due to be delivered to the OPC wc 31/7 so I should get to see it in the flesh before I go on holiday. Pick it up when I'm back at the beginning of Sept. Getting very real now.  

• 2 weeks later...

Had my session at the Porsche centre yesterday and was blown away. Whilst I doubt I'll ever drive my own car in quite such a manner it's great to get a real feel for what it will be capable of. And boy is it capable! Fantastic day and a great way to spend a Friday. Delivery of mine in just under a month, can't wait. 

And it's arrived. I don't take delivery for another month but it's here. A few pics, not cleaned yet but worth posting I think. 

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG

Sapphire is the nicest colour - interesting to see it with a black interior and black dash, very nice. Love the painted intakes too - did you get the roll bars painted too?

Health to enjoy your new car!

• 4 weeks later...

So 1 week to go and then I take delivery. Very excited and a bit surprised at how cheap the insurance was. Admiral multicar policy about £200 for the year fully comp! I must be getting old. Also took GAP for £215, which seems good value for 3 years. Even cleared out one of the garages to keep it snug!! Lol. Roll on next Saturday. 

Archived