Ordering my Boxster

Jonny A

Boot liners a good shout thanks. I'll check the deflector, I think it's mesh but I could be wrong. 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think I'll try the mesh and see how I get on but will keep an eye out for Perspex options. I'll post if I find a good one. 

1 hour ago, Jonny A said:

Think I'll try the mesh and see how I get on but will keep an eye out for Perspex options. I'll post if I find a good one. 

The perspex ones are quite expensive.The mesh is fine apart from when reversing as you cant see out the rear very easily. I have the rear camera so not a big issue to swap it.

Of course you can remove it, but doesn't come with a bag to store safely.

Maybe I'll just opt for the camera instead, in fact when it comes to locking the spec down I'll almost definitely add it along with embossed headrests. Just need to find a buyer for my kidney!

Maybe I'll just opt for the camera instead, in fact when it comes to locking the spec down I'll almost definitely add it along with embossed headrests. Just need to find a buyer for my kidney!

On a more serious note I've gone for standard sports seats with memory. What do people think about sports seats plus? Probably have to do without memory but interested in your thoughts. Trying to stick to a budget?

Current "final" spec

N1 4V AJ

Sapphire Blue Metallic
Black Convertible Top
Black standard int. i.c.w. sports seats plus or sports bucket seats in leather

LED headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)

Porsche Entry & Drive
ParkAssist (front and rear) with reversing camera
Electrically folding exterior mirrors
Rear side air intake grilles painted
Exclusive
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
64-litre fuel tank
20-inch Carrera S wheels
Cruise control
Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor
Heated multifunction steering wheel

Adaptive Sports seats Plus (18-way, electric)
Two-zone automatic climate control
Seat heating
Porsche Crest embossed on headrests
Exclusive
Brushed aluminium PDK gear selector Exclusive

On a more serious note I've gone for standard sports seats with memory. What do people think about sports seats plus? Probably have to do without memory but interested in your thoughts. Trying to stick to a budget?

Me personally i found them uncomfortable i found on the 3 hr long journey we did in the demo . because they hold you more than the normal seats i guess you couldnt shift your position very well?

That's useful, I found the sports plus seats a bit more accommodating of my well padded exterior but only had short rides so looks like I need to arrange a longer test drive. Oddly the sports plus work out slightly cheaper as they include leather. 

15 minutes ago, Jonny A said:

Current "final" spec

N1 4V AJ

Sapphire Blue Metallic
Black Convertible Top
Black standard int. i.c.w. sports seats plus or sports bucket seats in leather

LED headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)

Porsche Entry & Drive
ParkAssist (front and rear) with reversing camera
Electrically folding exterior mirrors
Rear side air intake grilles painted
Exclusive
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
64-litre fuel tank
20-inch Carrera S wheels
Cruise control
Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor
Heated multifunction steering wheel

Adaptive Sports seats Plus (18-way, electric)
Two-zone automatic climate control
Seat heating
Porsche Crest embossed on headrests
Exclusive
Brushed aluminium PDK gear selector Exclusive

Very Nice:D

Yeah, as you said no compromise on this one. I've done that before and regretted it so this time I'll have exactly what I want. There really isn't anything else I'd want to add. I have asked the dealer whether I can get the brake callipers in the body colour, surprised it's not an option. 

Just now, Jonny A said:

Yeah, as you said no compromise on this one. I've done that before and regretted it so this time I'll have exactly what I want. There really isn't anything else I'd want to add. I have asked the dealer whether I can get the brake callipers in the body colour, surprised it's not an option. 

Yes, Porsche are missing a trick there!

9 hours ago, MIkeyv60 said:

The perspex ones are quite expensive.The mesh is fine apart from when reversing as you cant see out the rear very easily. I have the rear camera so not a big issue to swap it.

Of course you can remove it, but doesn't come with a bag to store safely.

mine did

56 minutes ago, Jonny A said:

That's useful, I found the sports plus seats a bit more accommodating of my well padded exterior but only had short rides so looks like I need to arrange a longer test drive. Oddly the sports plus work out slightly cheaper as they include leather. 

Sports Seats plus are excellent...all I had in both 987 and 981

Possibly, I have a vague memory of a horizontal shelf that it could fit into behind the seats above the engine. I could be wrong as it was 17 years ago! There was definitely some storage there that seems to have been lost in newer models. 

Possibly, I have a vague memory of a horizontal shelf that it could fit into behind the seats above the engine. I could be wrong as it was 17 years ago! There was definitely some storage there that seems to have been lost in newer models. 

My 986 had bose with a big speaker along the 'parcel shelf' bit so maybe that's why?

Thanks Top. As I said it was a long time ago but glad to see that my memory hasn't completely failed, my wife may disagree! 

Wow, I've been reading forums to see what I'm missing while waiting for my Boxster. I'm a bit shocked at the strength of feeling that's being shown and the level of entrenched feeling that I'm coming across. I'm hoping to find a Boxster community where people can have debate and champion their own cars but respect and acknowledge that others feel differently. Personally I'm not new to PORSCHE or performance cars. I debated long and hard re 981 v 718, in my view both are fantastic but I ordered the 718 because on balance I can get exactly what I want in a car that left me grinning from ear to ear. In fairness the 981 did too, different but not better or worse overall, but ultimately I couldn't find the car / spec that I wanted. In the hyperthetical world where I could choose a 718 with either engine I honestly don't know which way I'd go. I'd take the base 718 over a 2.7 but I might just take the 3.2 over the 2.0 but possibly not the 2.5. I don't find myself polarised at all, they are both great cars and whilst I'm happy with my decision I can also see the attraction of the flat 6. 

I truly hope to meet more Boxster owners late summer at the odd event and I'm very excited to restart my love affair after a 17 yr gap since my 986 put a smile on my face until 4 children made a more practical decision a priority.  

13 hours ago, Jonny A said:

Wow, I've been reading forums to see what I'm missing while waiting for my Boxster. I'm a bit shocked at the strength of feeling that's being shown and the level of entrenched feeling that I'm coming across. I'm hoping to find a Boxster community where people can have debate and champion their own cars but respect and acknowledge that others feel differently. Personally I'm not new to PORSCHE or performance cars. I debated long and hard re 981 v 718, in my view both are fantastic but I ordered the 718 because on balance I can get exactly what I want in a car that left me grinning from ear to ear. In fairness the 981 did too, different but not better or worse overall, but ultimately I couldn't find the car / spec that I wanted. In the hyperthetical world where I could choose a 718 with either engine I honestly don't know which way I'd go. I'd take the base 718 over a 2.7 but I might just take the 3.2 over the 2.0 but possibly not the 2.5. I don't find myself polarised at all, they are both great cars and whilst I'm happy with my decision I can also see the attraction of the flat 6. 

I truly hope to meet more Boxster owners late summer at the odd event and I'm very excited to restart my love affair after a 17 yr gap since my 986 put a smile on my face until 4 children made a more practical decision a priority.  

You haven't been reading pistonheads have you? :o

It's down to personal choice? If we all followed life would be pretty boring?

It's each to their own and people should respect that but they don't and that's life.

The biggest thing is the engine and sound.I've already had a boxster owner at the lights (I hope no one on here :angry:) say my car sounded shyte.I normally don't rise to baiting but I couldn't help it and watched his grin disappear in my rear view mirror. It is that quick off the mark which where in the real world all you can do.

I love the 981 and the gts and if the 718 hadn't been made its what I would have had. I love them all.

Afraid so, ridiculous to read some of the comments and wonder how many of them are genuine owners? Looking forward to the summer and getting some roof down action listening to my "horrible" engine ??

11 minutes ago, Jonny A said:

Afraid so, ridiculous to read some of the comments and wonder how many of them are genuine owners? Looking forward to the summer and getting some roof down action listening to my "horrible" engine ??

Big mistake Apparently it sounds like diesel is really slow and the steering wheel is cheap and rubbish, even though that's the same one fitted to a 918.

Archived