Ordering my Boxster

Jonny A

Evening chaps. After several years away from PORSCHE I think it's time to come back. Plan to order a new Boxster on Saturday, rather taken by Sapphire Blue and 19" Boxster S wheels. Any thoughts or advice welcome, new to forums so be gentle. 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's exactly what I fancy. Not too concerned by the wait, looking for a Sept delivery and that seems okay. 

Glad to join the forum, look forward to chatting "Boxster" 

7 minutes ago, Jonny A said:

That's exactly what I fancy. Not too concerned by the wait, looking for a Sept delivery and that seems okay. 

Glad to join the forum, look forward to chatting "Boxster" 

Sept delivery might be a bit ambitious? I think the wait is around 10 months? Cracking car so pleased with mine :D

I would stick 20,s on personally, they fill the arches better and ride isnt affected.

Welcome, that's a lovely colour, looks great in the flesh. Defo think the car can carry 20" very well. Good luck with the ordering, even September might be optimistic at the moment though

Now then Jonny

Welcome aboard and happy car and spec choosing this weekend. Look forward to hearing what you include in your spec and to seeing her at a meet sometime B) 

Fingers crossed for Sept, my local dealers told me 4 months so it'll be interesting. Might look at 20s although I've already got about 12k of extras specified. Man it's easy to go nuts, I'd forgotten. 

Thanks. I'll have a look on Saturday. Rest of the spec will be a little comfort oriented as I don't use my car for track days  

Exterior Colour

Sapphire Blue Metallic
N1
£ 581.00

Black Convertible Top
4V
£ 0.00

Interior Colour

Black Leather package with partial leather seats
AS
£ 1,052.00

Exterior

LED headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
£ 1,397.00

Porsche Entry & Drive
£ 497.00

ParkAssist (front and rear) with reversing camera
£ 1,086.00

Electrically folding exterior mirrors
£ 210.00

Transmission / Chassis

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
£ 2,000.00

64-litre fuel tank
£ 84.00

Wheels

19-inch Boxster S wheels
£ 1,263.00

Interior

Cruise control
£ 228.00

Speed limit display
£ 236.00

Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor
P13
£ 345.00

Heated multifunction steering wheel
£ 329.00

Fully electric Sports seats (14-way, electric)
P06
£ 1,599.00

Two-zone automatic climate control
£ 539.00

Seat heating
£ 294.00

Here we go spending your money: Roll over hoops in body colour, not known anyone regret it and there is a very nice 981 in Sapphire blue on here with that option ticked.

8 minutes ago, Topbox said:

Here we go spending your money: Roll over hoops in body colour, not known anyone regret it and there is a very nice 981 in Sapphire blue on here with that option ticked.

Absolutely agree. They look so much better than the standard black plastic finish.

Regarding the wheels, IMHO, the ones you have chosen look great and are somewhat less vulnerable to kerbing than the 20" items because the tyres have a more prominent protective lip on the sidewall.  (Whether this is important or not depends on your regular driving/parking environment.)  They'll also provide a slightly more compliant ride.

I would also suggest also coloured wheel centre caps.  Inexpensive and a nice finishing touch.

Yes agreed with the colour coded hoops

I would add folding mirrors and think about the speed limit display as it's really annoying when it keeps popping up in the display

The sat navigation shows the signs anyway 

My tyres have a huge protection lip and I have the 20,'s

I personally chose not to have the pse on the 718 as it is quite drony.

1 hour ago, MIkeyv60 said:

I would stick 20,s on personally, they fill the arches better and ride isnt affected.

My experience was that 20"s gave a noticeably harder ride than 19"s. Not awful (and I'd say things have improved over the 987/981 a little), but definitely harder.

Before my change of plans I had a 718 Boxster S on order, and loved the 20"s - but felt that PASM became a very good idea in tandem with them.

Worth a test drive with the various options.

Thanks all helpful, I'll have to mull some of that over. Not sure I like the colour coded roll over hoops but I guess if we were all the same it'd be dull. Hadn't even thought of centre caps so I'll have to look at that. Might ditch the speed limit display though, probably a bit box ticking happy with that and one. 

47 minutes ago, Jonny A said:

Thanks all helpful, I'll have to mull some of that over. Not sure I like the colour coded roll over hoops but I guess if we were all the same it'd be dull. Hadn't even thought of centre caps so I'll have to look at that. Might ditch the speed limit display though, probably a bit box ticking happy with that and one. 

Colour coded centre caps can be had off eBay for £10-15 so I wouldn't waste my money.   Does 718 come with Nav as standard now? If so you get a speed limit display of sorts based on the GPS info.

i personally wouldn't go with entry and drive due to security issues (not Porsche specifically but known to be a bit of an issue generally)

Good shout I'll look for those. 

I saw the warning about the entry and drive, frankly I wouldn't miss it so may take your steer on that. Thanks. 

Archived