Alcantara steering wheel

Davidbf1.com

Does anyone who has an alcantara steering wheel find that it isn't particularly "grippy" to hold?

I find the wheel slips [through my hands] more than my leather wheel in company Passat. 

4 minutes ago, That986 said:

Needs cleaning.

...which is a PITA!  

But I agree that perhaps Alcantara isn't the best material for grip even when new. Looks great, but I reckon leather is more 'sticky' and easier to maintain.

thanks for the tip, and I'd read Alcantara can be a pain to clean. I do prefer it to leather though (on seats and dash, doors etc). 

Car is in for a full detail in a few weeks, will get the detailer to clean the wheel.

You only have half of the solution with the Alcantara wheel.  Wear racers driving gloves.  You'll be complaining that they are too grippy. ;)

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Product.do?method=view&n=1443&g=254028&p=254050&d=124&c=4&l=2&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Race Gloves&gclid=CLbPtu_Mi9MCFQMG0wodz9gIMw

13 hours ago, chrishak said:

...which is a PITA!  

But I agree that perhaps Alcantara isn't the best material for grip even when new. Looks great, but I reckon leather is more 'sticky' and easier to maintain.

I'm not sure but I think an alcantara wheel's real purpose is for the racing environment when the driver would be wearing racing gloves. I would imagine in that scenario the grip on the wheel would be perfect. In the world of normal road driving I guess the alcantara has no advantage.

Looks great though and gives the cockpit a feel of intent and purpose - I wouldn't change it!!

Archived