De badge or not De badge?

martyn

20 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Sod you. Every time I see this thread title when it keeps getting bumped, I think:

...Dat is De Question. 

Every time...

??

21 hours ago, Stark said:

Looking forward to seeing this and may now take mine off my Agate 

Hmm, wife has put her twopenith worth in.....it appears I'm mad even contemplating it ?‍♀️

Now I don't know what to do, will have to think about it?

Trouble is, I can't see an easy way to refix them if I'm not happy, even if I could use the originals again with backing tape, I would really have to concentrate on repositioning them accurately. 

2 hours ago, jimmy p said:

You just have to buy replacement sticker from porsche, very difficult to re use

Out of interest do you know the price of the Boxster and the s decals?

Just use some masking tape to get it right otherwise porsche want to charge you another 50 quid to fit it, I did it when replacing carrera badge on my last 911 and you just need patience with tape measure and masking tape. Official measurements I found on line for 911.

Thinking of doing mine now after hopefully doing carnewal exhaust mod

11 hours ago, noddynurdle said:

My Boxster was de-badged and I had the Bosxter re-added. The Porsche badge is lower on a de-badge model and so my Boxster badge is closer to Porsche badge than normal. I can provide a picture later if wanted.

Thanks if you could provide a picture, that would be great, out of interest what did they charge you to re badge your car?

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:38 PM, martyn said:

Thanks if you could provide a picture, that would be great, out of interest what did they charge you to re badge your car?

sorry for the delay in replying I will get a picture today. It cost about £70 all in - I think it should have been £100 but I got a 20% discount. 

5 hours ago, mneil said:

Would have thought a gentle heat from a hair dryer to soften the glue ( used this when replacing a screen on my wife's tablet) and use dental floss.

+1

2 hours ago, Rhencullen said:

Mine is completely incognito......

20170602_141220.jpg

Like it?

Mine came de-badged from the factory I really prefer it that way. Simple, to the point and it gets people guessing!

I stopped at the lights the other day and I heard and man with his son say 'What model is that Porsche, it's stunning!'

:D

Archived