Alarm going off

jsm

I have not been on here for a while as do not have a Porsche at the moment however I could do with your help regarding my neighbours 986 Boxster S Tip.

The alarm seems to be going off pretty much every time she returns home and locks it.

She knows to turn it off by putting the key in the ignition and turning on but I can't remember whether this is an easy fix or ECU related.

The battery in the key is fairly new?

Any ideas?

whenever my alarm starts playing up - it's always spiders in the roof triggering the sensors.

Does the alarm go off as soon as locked, and I assume you mean the siren, rather than the beep ?

well that's too quick a trigger.  Sounds like a faulty sensor or lock switch.

I take it the carpet is dry under the passenger seat etc and it's not been flooded in the past too?

Best bet is stick it on a pukka reader at your local indi, me thinks as it could be cheapest option rather than start at the alarm ECU.

I

If there are no other silly gremlins, then you can rule out a dodgy ignition switch - that triggers all sorts of strange "issues"

they don't have to be that big - they just seem to love hiding the hollow handle plastics of the roof and coming out to spin at 3-4 am

Took me weeks of sleepless nights and upset neighbours to get to this discovery !

And yes, I am scared of spiders too. 

It was probably a great big hairy spider jammed in the mechanism that stopped your roof going down recently @Sazzy :D

Ooops, sorry OP, thread gone a bit OT again ...

1 hour ago, Jon61 said:

It was probably a great big hairy spider jammed in the mechanism that stopped your roof going down recently @Sazzy :D

Ooops, sorry OP, thread gone a bit OT again ...

Oh haha :P

Yes sorry OP :ermmm:

15 minutes ago, mike597 said:

I hate spiders,  worst nightmare 

Edit

Second worst nightmare.   @Stuart21UK was kind enough to put a new nightmare scenario into my head recently 

hey with the size of your gaff, you have plenty of places to hide from creepy crawlies...(or crocodiles)

• 3 weeks later...

Carpets are dry. 

Its actually when she opens the car it does it not locking it. She even drove down the road the other day and it went off when driving.

She has booked it in with her indy. The key batteries are new but the key only works intermittently.

I had the alarm fuse blow on mine and that had the siren going off whilst driving.

Fuse location depends on year, but usually on second row.  Replaced it and it's been fine for years now.

It's a few years ago, and I have a feeling I caused the fuse to blow.

Yes that would be all the time , until fuse replaced.  Mines a 2002 and I think it was B2 or B4 (off the top of my head)

It sounds like you either have a faulty motion sensor, or worse alarm control unit.  Your friend should take it to the local Indi for a plug in diagnostic.

Intermittent always equals pain the ar$e

Archived