More free 986 stuff

topradio

So I had a bit of a clear out of my garage today and came across some 986 bits that I have accumulated over the years. They are free to a good home, just cover the postage which probably won't come to more than a fiver on most bits while the small stuff is likely to be a couple of quid. Many of the parts are a little dusty from storage.

This is an ignition switch that I replaced while the dash was out, not faulty, just a little preventative maintenance.

i0zvsAn.jpg

Another Ignition switch, an aftermarket one. New and unused

V7sUaOm.jpg

A cabin temperature sensor for cars with aircon. (now allocated to Jason986S)

JqWtqRs.jpg

A 996 auto instrument cluster from when I did the gauge conversation on mine.

vTswA6I.jpg?1

A pair of bumper grills (Boxob is probably having these)

kQ61Mg4.jpg

A pair of homemade (I assume) grill covers. I never fitted them so I don't know how they are secured. (Boxob is probably having these)

AzrxHRI.jpg?1

A set of 986 clocks complete with cover in what looks like Metropole Blue

c2UnsfC.jpg?1

And finally a pair of 981 rear diffusers from when I upgraded mine to the GTS ones.

kWNimMI.jpg

Drop me a PM if you are interested in any of this stuff. 

@Boxob So I have offered up the mesh covers to the grills and there is no obvious way to secure them so I suspect that you would need to use cable ties or similar.

ZAEWvbm.jpg?1

This is the repair to the grill. The photo makes it looks like the plastic is more faded than it is.

SgzMI90.jpg

99Fe92Z.jpg 

Any chance I could have the two clock/mileage "prongs" from one of those instrument clusters please (the two sticking out bits either side of the Speedo)? I managed to snap one of mine whilst cleaning the cabin. They just pull off I believe. 

On 27/08/2017 at 8:35 PM, topradio said:

Not really, just making space, a sort of late summer clean.

If nobody has grabbed them i'll take the mesh grills and one of the ignition switches if you can post them. Let me know where to send payments to.

7 hours ago, Patt said:

I'm interested in the 996 cluster, if no-one wants the 986 one , I'll take that to use the dial faces too.

PM me with your details.

cheers

Patt, double check by all means, but having done this swap myself, I dont think these clusters will fit Molly, both of these are from early cars and will have different plug connections to cars of your (and my) vintage.

Bit more info here, note the connector colours.

@Patt if you PM me your address I will get the stuff over to you.

What I did on mine was I kept my original cluster and added the two gauges either side. This meant that I still have my original instruments with the correct VIN and mileage etc. This should get around the problem of the clusters being different generations with different connectors. 

Archived