Seatbelt return

Withy

So I'm trying this 

have washed them today, and the other thing folks say is use a silicone lubricant.  They are drying at the moment, will see if this improves things.

It's pretty gross when you see how much dirt comes off them!

My drivers one was like this, in the end it pretty much wouldn't retract at all and clearly would be good for nothing in an accident!

I tried all of the above but it made no difference, in the end I had to get a new one fitted.

3 hours ago, Withy said:

So I'm trying this 

have washed them today, and the other thing folks say is use a silicone lubricant.  They are drying at the moment, will see if this improves things.

It's pretty gross when you see how much dirt comes off them!

Interested to see how you get on. I suspect it works for some causes but not others. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I got some de-greaser (this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000IU3VWQ) and it's made a decent difference for sure.  I used the same method as the video posted above, soaking - this time used some white vinegar and fairy liquid, but just prior to that, I used the degreaser - just sprayed on the seatbelt, left for a while and then used a soft scrubbing brush with the belt pulled all the way out.

It's still not brilliant - but a lot better than it was - I'll probably repeat the process this week and see if it makes a further improvement.  (Other threads seem to suggest that the loops at shoulder height can be smoothed to ease the return more - will also do that)

• 1 month later...

Archived