Bang! when I opened the window.

Araf

So, on the way to work today and there was a bang from the door when I opened the window.

That will be the regulator then. :(

I'll get one ordered later.  Not a good start to the day.

3 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Araf, aren't you under OPC warranty?  Not with this car?

Funny you should say that, someone else reminded me. :rolleyes: 

I've just telephoned and indeed it is covered so will all be done under warranty.  They are currently booking the start of December, so I told them they could do it when the car is being serviced, if that was easier for them (which it is).  They will make sure the parts are in before then. :)

4 hours ago, Araf said:

Funny you should say that, someone else reminded me. :rolleyes: 

I've just telephoned and indeed it is covered so will all be done under warranty.  They are currently booking the start of December, so I told them they could do it when the car is being serviced, if that was easier for them (which it is).  They will make sure the parts are in before then. :)

Lucky escape!

54 minutes ago, Boxstercol said:

Lucky escape!

More like rookie error. :blush2: Genuine regulators are only £120 from Bell & Colvill so it wouldn't be the end of the world. :) 

• 1 month later...

:huh: I thought the window automatically opened when ever you open a door and more importantly when you put the roof down which we all know is the first thing you do after starting the engine, or at least I do. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AbuDhabiBhoy said:

I assume mine has gone as well, is this an easy job for the home mech with good skills?

Yes, plenty of info. OEM is not as dear as you think. Just mind the tips about disconnecting the battery, and don't reconnect until the door air bags are rebutted or you'll awaken an air bag light. 

Archived