Boxter S 550 Spyder Anniversary at Brooklands Auction

Tassotti

Tiptronic, aftermarket stereo, not collector mileage. Probably somewhere around your £15k or less. Nice plate though.

12 minutes ago, edc said:

Tiptronic, aftermarket stereo, not collector mileage. Probably somewhere around your £15k or less. Nice plate though.

What would you consider collector mileage to be?

I would have been put off by the Tiptronic thing and the wrong stereo. It has the charcoal trim. Having owned charcoal and cocoa examples I really prefer the CoCoa as it just seems more unique and feels special. Though, I know others prefer the charcoal. It probably went for about the right money considering. If it had been a manual in totally original spec with that mileage £15k would be about right

I see it went for £12,880. Seems like a sensible ish price for what it is. If it were Spring or Summer it might well have gone for more. Also it's in a 'historics' auction. If it had been in the Silverstone Porsche auction the other month I reckon it would have got more. Look at the other cars going through and there's a lot of 'regular' cars with not much special about them.

Looking at the website again there are lots of cars barely making the reserve and even more cars where the estimate from pre-auction is still listed but there is no sold price. I presume this means the car didn't meet reserve/ Looks like a damp squib from a sales perspective. Either there weren't any interested buyers or the sellers had unrealistically high reserves. 

The hammer price was £11,500. The remainder must be fees.

Yes, many lots didn't reach the reserve. A Lamborghini Gallardo was guided at 60-70K and bidding reached 37K!

The room was packed. Either non serious buyers or chancers hoping for a bargain.

i reckon all the wealthy people are stashing their cash, what with this government and Brexit and all. Either that, or they are all emigrating.

Might be a sign that the bottom is dropping out of the Classic Car market, what with Governments insisting that all cars just be electric in the next few years....

i mean what's the point in owning a classic car if you can't drive it anywhere?

So make the most of it people, we are the last generation to enjoy driving the internal combustion engined car, in all its glory!

1 hour ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Might be a sign that the bottom is dropping out of the Classic Car market, what with Governments insisting that all cars just be electric in the next few years....

i mean what's the point in owning a classic car if you can't drive it anywhere?

So make the most of it people, we are the last generation to enjoy driving the internal combustion engined car, in all its glory!

Thought the government was banning all new diesel and petrol cars from being sold in 2040.

22 years is quite a while and I dont think they will then ban all petrol and diesel cars from the road.

2 hours ago, jason3.2s said:

Thought the government was banning all new diesel and petrol cars from being sold in 2040.

22 years is quite a while and I dont think they will then ban all petrol and diesel cars from the road.

2032 in Scotland, only 14 years away for new cars, with all petrol and diesel cars to be off the road by 2040....!

Crock of shyate!!! 

Its not going to stop the worst polluting countries in the world aka china from spewing out all their nasties and blanketing most of asia in its smog.

Just a government taxation implementation creeping in. ;)

10 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

2032 in Scotland, only 14 years away for new cars, with all petrol and diesel cars to be off the road by 2040....!

So you only have a minimum of 22 years to use your owned petrol or diesel cars in Scotland!

Still seems like a long time to me.

3 hours ago, jason3.2s said:

So you only have a minimum of 22 years to use your owned petrol or diesel cars in Scotland!

Still seems like a long time to me.

Agreed it's a long time for us us drivers, but not for the long term investor that is a classic car purchaser...

3 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

Crock of shyate!!! 

Its not going to stop the worst polluting countries in the world aka china from spewing out all their nasties and blanketing most of asia in its smog.

Just a government taxation implementation creeping in. ;)

I'm not planning on emigrating to China just to drive my gas guzzler though!

But I hope you are right.

On 26/11/2017 at 9:06 PM, Tassotti said:

The hammer price was £11,500. The remainder must be fees.

Yes, many lots didn't reach the reserve. A Lamborghini Gallardo was guided at 60-70K and bidding reached 37K!

The room was packed. Either non serious buyers or chancers hoping for a bargain.

i reckon all the wealthy people are stashing their cash, what with this government and Brexit and all. Either that, or they are all emigrating.

As I posted elsewhere the NEC Classic Car Show Auction was a disaster on the Saturday, they claim 67% of cars sold so maybe Sunday was better. I think your last statement is possibly accurate.

6 minutes ago, Terryg said:

As I posted elsewhere the NEC Classic Car Show Auction was a disaster on the Saturday, they claim 67% of cars sold so maybe Sunday was better. I think your last statement is possibly accurate.

Isn't it just a cr*p time of year for a car auction? Haven't looked at the rest of the lots, but maybe the majority weren't really investment grade vehicles if the 986 is anything to go by. Maybe a few owners just trying to offload cars at the end of the season and the punters weren't buying it?

1 hour ago, Nobbie said:

Isn't it just a cr*p time of year for a car auction? Haven't looked at the rest of the lots, but maybe the majority weren't really investment grade vehicles if the 986 is anything to go by. Maybe a few owners just trying to offload cars at the end of the season and the punters weren't buying it?

The NEC auction is the same time every year, last year they couldn't get through them quick enough, totally different this year.Totally agree on normal stuff though.

4 hours ago, Terryg said:

The NEC auction is the same time every year, last year they couldn't get through them quick enough, totally different this year.Totally agree on normal stuff though.

In that case, maybe the shine is coming off the classic car investment bubble.

4 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

is it a ban on all diesel and petrol?

I thought it was a ban on NEW diesel and petrol...just like a switch away from 4* leaded petrol...it didnt stop you driving your jalopy, just made it harder to do so 

Initially new cars yes, but all petrol and diesel cars by 2040 in Scotland...but I personally can't see it happening within this timescale.

12 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Initially new cars yes, but all petrol and diesel cars by 2040 in Scotland...but I personally can't see it happening within this timescale.

yeah cars of all sorts going back literally a 100 years no longer usable...not likely is it?

Archived