First trip sideways. :-)

Dwdg

Hello all,

Obviously,  I have not been driving my car correctly in the month that I've had it, as today was my first sideways trip.

Out of the work car park at lunchtime, and the  recently cleaned road (new building opposite) was a tad slippery. Caught it and would loved to have pushed it on for a bit longer but outside the office...!! To be fair I had dropped it into 1st from second over the little ramp which wasn't entirely necessary. I'm guessing this won't be the car for driving in the snow.

I suppose I should take note and be approaching the roundabouts with a little less enthusiam over the coming months.  I hear that's the quickest way to kill a Boxster.

12 hours ago, el 3.2S said:

This has never happened to me yet, despite the budget Sunny rear tyres:blink:. Obviously not trying hard enough.....

Perhaps living in southern Spain is a factor?:P

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Yes, I was going to say these comments about "wet road" and "chilly morning" might be contributory factors!

So what did you two guys do so right that I did so wrong? If that is too cryptic (an accusation that is occasionally thrown my way), you and @el 3.2S are in scenic hot places and I am in Stockport.

If there is a likelihood of standing water, I leave my Boxster at home and use either my wife's Golf or better still my motorcycle. Boxsters and cars like it aquaplane with the greatest of ease!

4 minutes ago, Patt said:

Winter tyres are awesome in standing water too. 

Literally 20mph faster than I'd be comfortable on my summers, and yet still feels like a dry track day.

:) Looking forward to getting out in mine on winters this weekend - if the weather holds!   (and I have a quick trip across Exmoor on Monday to collect my new black wheel bolts and get a new number plate at Exeter OPC - so hoping for crisp sunny weather!

not sure they would work as well on a 981 being 18", but could work as winters I guess...

The 5 spoke Carreras are sought after on here, thus easy to sell.

The GT3 rims look the best on Molly, everyone seems to agree with that.

3 hours ago, Terryg said:

So what did you two guys do so right that I did so wrong? If that is too cryptic (an accusation that is occasionally thrown my way), you and @el 3.2S are in scenic hot places and I am in Stockport.

Actually been some rain here earlier this morning but not using my Boxster now due to coolant leak and pontificating about what to do.

52 minutes ago, Patt said:

not sure they would work as well on a 981 being 18", but could work as winters I guess...

The 5 spoke Carreras are sought after on here, thus easy to sell.

The GT3 rims look the best on Molly, everyone seems to agree with that.

Maybe just me, but I prefer the look of the winter wheels, the other ones look errr small!? Not a criticism by the way.

Archived