Has yours got an umbrella slot ?

Patt

Whilst trying to throw back the various bits from Molly to Alice, I noticed I didn't have a slot in the NS sill for the umbrella.

I thought this was just a lame downgrade from the earlier cars - but I then noticed on Ian's thread regarding his illuminated sills that he has a slot for an umbrella !

So anyone else NOT got an umbrella storage slot ?

Ohh and what is the best fix for passenger seatbelt knocking between seat and interior plastics ?

I've not looked closely yet, but isn't there a side air bag in the seat ?

It's definitely something I'll be sorting this weekend  - it's friggin annoying me as is a wee rattle behind my right ear when driving .

1 hour ago, Patt said:

Whilst trying to throw back the various bits from Molly to Alice, I noticed I didn't have a slot in the NS sill for the umbrella.

I thought this was just a lame downgrade from the earlier cars - but I then noticed on Ian's thread regarding his illuminated sills that he has a slot for an umbrella !

So anyone else NOT got an umbrella storage slot ?

Ohh and what is the best fix for passenger seatbelt knocking between seat and interior plastics ?

seat belt...just slide the plastic clip up so it holds the metal buckle at shoulder level on the passenger side (and repeat after someone has used it, as it will knock again)

No felt needed...

1 hour ago, Patt said:

But has yours got an umbrella slot in the NS sill Stuart ?

I didn't think any 981s had it (more's the pity as Mrs61 still has the umbrella). But having read your post I've just looked back at Ian's photo - the one in this post presumably: 

And so I feel cheated too now :( as mine (late 2015) definitely doesn't have that. Though, despite it being a similar shape, it doesn't look as deep as the one in the 986 anyway, so will the umbrella fit in there?

And agree with Stuart re the seat belts. 

47 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

I didn't think any 981s had it (more's the pity as Mrs61 still has the umbrella). But having read your post I've just looked back at Ian's photo - the one in this post presumably: 

And so I feel cheated too now :( as mine (late 2015) definitely doesn't have that. Though, despite it being a similar shape, it doesn't look as deep as the one in the 986 anyway, so will the umbrella fit in there?

And agree with Stuart re the seat belts. 

Jon, in that case I’ll gladly accept the brolly as you’ll have nowhere to keep it ?

9 minutes ago, T24RES said:

Jon, in that case I’ll gladly accept the brolly as you’ll have nowhere to keep it ?

I'd hate to appear ungrateful for such a kind and selfless offer, Ian, but I'm afraid it was a gift to Mrs61, so it's more than my life is worth ...

4 hours ago, Patt said:

Probably the previous owner took it off before trade-in - you know, like throttle bodies and such ;):D

I was acting under the request of the OPC to put it as much to standard as I could in the limited timeline.  Hence the PSM was in the boot with its cage and plastics too.

To remove the umbrella slot would require removing complete sill cover and replacing it - strange thing to do. 

I did wonder if it may be part of the ISOFIX option, or some such rubbish.  I am struggling to think of a valid reason to change it, except perhaps a very tiny cost saving in manufacturing costs.

I'll be trying my £3 Primark umbrella in Ian's car, before contacting a breaker me thinks.

Alice is a June 14. 

I'd much rather have a place for my passenger to grab an umbrella, than have an option to set my wipers to 45 degrees for a ice shield !

Truly a backwards move in my opinion.  First world problems :-D 

7 hours ago, Patt said:

I was acting under the request of the OPC to put it as much to standard as I could in the limited timeline.  Hence the PSM was in the boot with its cage and plastics too.

To remove the umbrella slot would require removing complete sill cover and replacing it - strange thing to do. 

I put a wink and a smile, do we have a “cheek stuffed with tongue “ smiley anywhere? :P 

14 hours ago, Patt said:

But has yours got an umbrella slot in the NS sill Stuart ?

I dont know, I never get in that side...and TBH if you drive fast enough (roof down or otherwise) and never stop, you dont get wet anyway :woot: 

6 hours ago, Patt said:

I find the rain gets sucked in and your rear view and inside of the windscreen gets wet.

The umbrella really is just for the ladies who use that seat. ;-)

plural.....?

...you dirty dog you...

Archived